Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Was sunny immediately post WAH as the ebike was subject to toss the caber to remove its wheels for cleaning out the inside of the mudguards and regrease the skewer ends etc - had an annoying squeak yesterday. By the time it headed to Sainsburys the sun quickly disappeared and the wind was noticeable. Definately not as pleasant as the last two evenings. Last day of the current 99p 2 pints milk personal Nectar offer; just one bought - still have nearly two left from the car visit last week and it was a lightly loaded pannier for the return while 5 oranges occupied the rucksack. Back home and the grass seed finally applied to the rear "lawn" trusting it gets a good soaking given the weather forecast.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
They can be a bit sneaky sometimes and get the careless. On the A90 Perth/Aberdeen which is dual carriageway and motorway in all but name there is a short section of 50mph which can get the unaware and after miles of speeding it is hard to keep the speed down. I will probably get lambasted for writing that but they never got me at a time when I was shuttling up and down regularly.

It remains to be seen where there put it but the road in question is about 12 miles long and is initially dual carriageway, then changes to wide, single carriageway with hard shoulders on both sides. The last few miles has never been upgraded and is lined with trees, barely wide enough for two hgvs to go side by side and has a few bends with very poor sightlines. That is the place where they should put the camera (and imo lower the speed limit) but more than likely they'll put it on the dual carriageway part where there's much less danger because that's the sort of silly thing the councils around here do.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Very little to report after this morning - a warm walk down to the station, trains were on time, still warm when I got home so went out for a quick 10 mile shopping trip by bike (long dated chipolatas on yellow label and some butter to go on toast).

One thing I have found out is that the tower I culd see on my walk to the hotel that I thought was a mosque's minaret turned out to me part of Strangeways prison which was only a couple of hundred yards up the road. Not only that, one of the banes of my pre-retirement work life (the Cheetham Hill area) was very close by as well.

Laptop or desktop?

laptop. an older MacBook Pro, but not as old as the one that died. a lot of my problems originate in my ignorance. I often claim that programmers don't work w/ enough dummies like me & they assume the users will be zipping around working all the settings as if they themself were part of the machine. but I am human!

Top Bottom