Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Noticed I got the comment about lambs in the field opposite slightly wrong. It is in fact twins which probably explains why they are slightly small.
Had an early lunch and had what Lidl described as “ chip shop pies”. They must be based on the ones kept for the drunks as my only comment is. Yuck. No taste whatsoever so no idea what they contained. Never again.

MikeG

Guru
Foot report:

-bloody sore, but not broken. I'm hobbling about OK this morning in loose-fitting soft shoes.......the very same ones which didn't protect me when I knocked the sash cramp off my bench onto my foot last night.

Egg report:

-2 eggs successfuly collected. The third was eaten by the white hen chicken which laid it. It's been read the Riot Act, shown the hatchet, and been given a final official warning. Unfortunately, it knows I'm bluffing.

As an aside, did you know that chickens have better colour vision than we do?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It’s joyous out

IMG_0674.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
The banana hunt turned into a 3.8 mile walk with 355ft of climbing as I did not feel like cycling. Local Co-op was full of very green ones so gift card free ones from the town centre M&S
Refuelling by way of a mug of tea and an iced bun.
They're getting harder find these days. Especially decent sized ones.

classic33

Leg End Member
Foot report:

-bloody sore, but not broken. I'm hobbling about OK this morning in loose-fitting soft shoes.......the very same ones which didn't protect me when I knocked the sash cramp off my bench onto my foot last night.

Egg report:

-2 eggs successfuly collected. The third was eaten by the white hen chicken which laid it. It's been read the Riot Act, shown the hatchet, and been given a final official warning. Unfortunately, it knows I'm bluffing.

As an aside, did you know that chickens have better colour vision than we do?
Foot Report
Good to hear its just sore, not broken.
Did you know that 25.24% of the bones in your body are in your feet?

Egg Report
Not so good. Three chickens* and only two eggs.
Obtain a recording of a chicken squawking in distress. Remove one bird and place away from the other two. Then play the recording, ending it with you hitting a block of wood with the aforementioned hatchet(hand axe).

Did you know rose tinted glasses were invented to stop chickens seeing blood, and keep them from attacking another bird because they saw blood on them.

*One of which just happens to be a cannibal!

Pooch News
No news, but is that good news!

MikeG

Guru
Egg Report
Not so good. Three chickens* and only two eggs.
Four, I'm afraid. They're only 2 years old, and we haven't had 4 eggs from them in a day this year.

Obtain a recording of a chicken squawking in distress. Remove one bird and place away from the other two. Then play the recording, ending it with you hitting a block of wood with the aforementioned hatchet(hand axe).

Genius!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
OS maps for next weekend's camping have been rejigged, GPXed and printed (so I'm not totally reliant on 'technology')

Day 1: Gradbach & Ludds Church 3miles
Day 2: Hayfield, Kinder Scout, Jacobs Ladder, Edale Cross. 12 miles
Day 3: Hollinsclough, Chrome Hill (&possibly) Parkhouse Hill if legs are still working!! 2½ / 4½ miles, depending.... 😂

Top Bottom