Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning.
It is grey here but not raining. It is is damp out from yesterday's rain.
Our Bosch electric mower has gone bish Bosch bash! The battery seems to have died! It's only 4 years old! I will check to see if it has any volts left in there otherwise we will have to get a new battery.

I was just wondering about the Roman under floor central heating and wondered if the slaves ever got their own back by stoking up the fires so that no one could walk on the floor!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've had to soak the shackle of my garden gate padlock as a pigeon , presumably by the amount of it, has 💩'ed on it and it'd dried hard & crispy.
I wrapped wet kitchen roll around the shackle for ¼hr and it worked 👌

MikeG

Guru
I finished some windows for my sunroom. These were easy:

IMG_7230.jpg

This was an absolute pig. It took nearly 4 days!!:

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cloudy morning but a bit brighter than yesterday.
Nothing planned and still a bit tired as for some unknown reason I did not get a good sleep last night.
My parking spot for triking by Loch na Keal will now be impossible as it has been recommended by some clown as a good place to see sea eagles. In fact the whole of the route I normally take is mentioned so no point in going there until next winter.

Overtourism is causing all sorts of problems and it is proposed to charge for entry to places like Calanish on Lewis to try to combat the damage caused by overcrowding and The Ring of Brodgar on Orkney has severe erosion problems caused by too many people.
When we first saw Calanish there were no fences or indeed other people at all but that was well before the touroid madness.
Cruise ships disgorging passengers to these places are also a menace to the environment.

Oh and by the way chickens do not lay eggs. Hens do. Do not discuss.:rolleyes:

MikeG

Guru
Oh and by the way chickens do not lay eggs. Hens do. Do not discuss.:rolleyes:
We've already discussed this at length. Chicken is the name of the species. Hen is the name of the sex. Hen chickens lay eggs. So, some chickens (the female ones called hens) lay eggs. I don't have any males (cocks, or cockerals), so I don't need to distinguish which sex of chicken I am talking about.......so I am completely correct to say "my chickens should be laying more eggs".

Of, and if we are to be pedantic, a hen could be a goose, or a pheasant, or an ostrich. If I were to say "my hens only laid one egg today" you might think I was talking about an emu.....so I use chicken to avoid that confusion.

OK? :smile:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where, after a bright & sunny start, it's clouded over. The first coffee of the day has just been finished which means it's time to get going and have some breakfast.

Nothing planned for today other than to retrieve the wheelie bin and possibly start the process of refiling it by cutting the grass if it doesn't rain. It's also the Felixstowe fun run today so I'll be avoiding the seafront if I do go out later.

classic33

Leg End Member
We've already discussed this at length. Chicken is the name of the species. Hen is the name of the sex. Hen chickens lay eggs. So, some chickens (the female ones called hens) lay eggs. I don't have any males (cocks, or cockerals), so I don't need to distinguish which sex of chicken I am talking about.......so I am completely correct to say "my chickens should be laying more eggs".

Of, and if we are to be pedantic, a hen could be a goose, or a pheasant, or an ostrich. If I were to say "my hens only laid one egg today" you might think I was talking about an emu.....so I use chicken to avoid that confusion.

OK? :smile:
How many didn't lay an egg for you today?

Top Bottom