Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dog has been walked 🐶
Decision time for dinner. Several things tgat probably won't make a proper Bitsa but they all need using up..
Hmmmmmmm...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dreich day generally but the sun has just appeared a bit late to be of much use.
Went for a walk on a forest road which does not seem popular or perhaps difficult to find as the entrance is off a fast section of road. Saw a superyacht heading up the Sound and in contrast a workboat towing a string of fish cages the opposite way.
Tried a photo on my phone but not good enough to publish tho’ I did take one of some very bright and decorative flowers growing in the ditch. This is on the edge of what used to be a private estate so probably from seed carried by birds.
Another fight on FB about ferries and people working on the mainland who cannot get their vehicles home for the weekend.one complains about motorhomes who bring everything with them and contribute nothing. He reports that when he checked there were 22 free camping in one small area. This is a place I used to cycle regularly but cannot now get car parking as otherwise it would mean triking on the main road for 10 miles which I consider too dangerous.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Today's 73 plate truck has 242355 kilometres on the odometer and has taken me to Fakenham. Soon, I hope, it'll take me back, too!
It's a bit misty & chilly if anyone's heading for the nearby seaside! 🏖

I did! Horsey Gap for the sea and seals. But it had burnt off by the time I got there. There was a cold fresh breeze though.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'd been on a V-CC ride along the Antrim coast today. Weather was amazing but roads were very busy.

I decided to spend the night at the White Park Bay hostel and enjoy a de-stressing walk along the beach and watch the sun set far away from bad tempered builders and balcony problems.

The drive here around the coast took forever with touroids who don't seem to understand their hire cars have five gears!

Had a nice walk as the sun was starting to go down and look forward to a an early morning coastal perambulation.

Sitting looking out the window now at the sun setting across the sea and eating a Pot Noodle and having a tin of cider. Living the good life! :becool:

IMG_20240518_194212.jpg

IMG_20240518_211300.jpg

IMG_20240518_212922_1.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
I can see the Rathlin Island lighthouse (well one of them).

I can't find the recycling bin to put my tins in.:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd been on a V-CC ride along the Antrim coast today. Weather was amazing but roads were very busy.

I decided to spend the night at the White Park Bay hostel and enjoy a de-stressing walk along the beach and watch the sun set far away from bad tempered builders and balcony problems.

The drive here around the coast took forever with touroids who don't seem to understand their hire cars have five gears!

Had a nice walk as the sun was starting to go down and look forward to a an early morning coastal perambulation.

Sitting looking out the window now at the sun setting across the sea and eating a Pot Noodle and having a tin of cider. Living the good life! :becool:

View attachment 731334

View attachment 731335

View attachment 731336
Two questions
What does the red sign on the white building advertising, and what's the story behind the round tower on the opposite side of the road?

You found that recycling bin yet!

tyred

Legendary Member
Two questions
What does the red sign on the white building advertising, and what's the story behind the round tower on the opposite side of the road?

You found that recycling bin yet!

The sign tells you not to swim on the beach. That building was the original hostel BTW.

I don't see a round tower.

I don't see the recycling bin so put it all the normal bin which is what everyone else seems to have done. After years of always separating recyclables at home, if feels wrong doing that.

classic33

Leg End Member
The sign tells you not to swim on the beach. That building was the original hostel BTW.

I don't see a round tower.

I don't see the recycling bin so put it all the normal bin which is what everyone else seems to have done. After years of always separating recyclables at home, if feels wrong doing that.
Not safe for swimming!
That close to a decent looking beach and you can't go swimming?

The round tower is half covered in ivy, small track leading to it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Dangerous currents I think. I can't swim anyway so irrelevant to me.

That round tower is square! No idea what it was but is clearly the gable end of a deceased building.
Pity about the no swimming, but sitting on that beach must be worth the view.

It'll give you to ponder over as you try to get to sleep with the sound of crashing waves in the background. Or wake up to the sound of crashing waves, having nodded off in your chair admiring the view.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Stopped on the way through Diss at Aldi and picked up a couple of boxes of Malted Wheeties (their own brand Shreddies) which should see me through the next couple of months and made it to Snetterton in time for the lunch break. After the first race of the afternoon there were two qualifying sessions and a race with only 12 participants (on the long circuit) so I took that opportunity to get in just over 20 miles on the bike in the Norfolk sunshine. When the penultimate race had a red flag due to a major accident (see here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/live/0nCEvTAYaNQ?feature=shared&t=19076
- the driver is OK apparently) which I caught the end of, I decided to give up and come home. A most disjointed afternoon.

Top Bottom