Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, the SU carbs, I always reckoned that I used more oil in the dash pots than petrol in the car. I don't remember ever seeing a blue one. I remember driving along a road around Tring Reservoirs, all right angled turns, followed by a friend who thought his car was fast. He said I'd been driving dangerously!

I used to fill the dashpots up and got terrible acceleration. I found out later that it was better without oil in them . I used to find that Skoda Estelles used to try it on !

Fabulous supper of Thai red curry with roasted butternut squash, red peppers, green beans, bamboo shoots and tofu, served with plain boiled rice. Sunshine on a plate, just the right thing for such a dreary and soggy day. Might have put in a *bit* too much curry paste, as my nose is still dribbling from the ooooomph!

I should note that I use authentic paste bought in the little oriental supermarket in Ely, and not the anaemic garbage that Tesco tries to pass off as Thai curry paste.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What a thouroughly wet & grotty day that was - I'd have liked a bit more than 20 minutes of dry cycling before having to don the waterproofs for the remainder of the day. Still, objective achieved of a ride crossing all 16 road bridges over the Thames between Tower and Kew bridges (plus a bonus Serpentine crossing on the way back to Liverpool Street) for no other reason than why not!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What a thouroughly wet & grotty day that was - I'd have liked a bit more than 20 minutes of dry cycling before having to don the waterproofs for the remainder of the day. Still, objective achieved of a ride crossing all 16 road bridges over the Thames between Tower and Kew bridges (plus a bonus Serpentine crossing on the way back to Liverpool Street) for no other reason than why not!

I did a zig-zag over the Central London bridges a while ago but only down as far as Battersea, I think..

tyred

Legendary Member
The thunderstorm that was supposed to happen yesterday happened today with some torrential rain whilst I was working.

Conveniently, it dried up as I finished work so I was able to walk to the supermarket and buy my groceries and then go for a thirty mile ride without getting wet. The air is always so nice and fresh following a thunderstorm.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I did a zig-zag over the Central London bridges a while ago but only down as far as Battersea, I think..

It started as one of those "i wonder if..." moments and sort of progressed from there.
1716327060516.png

I think there must have been something going on at Brian's place as, despite the weather, there were lots of ladies in their best dresses and gentlemen in suits in The Mall and the surrounding area.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It started as one of those "i wonder if..." moments and sort of progressed from there.
View attachment 731674
I think there must have been something going on at Brian's place as, despite the weather, there were lots of ladies in their best dresses and gentlemen in suits in The Mall and the surrounding area.

Great fun, even in the grotty weather!

You can take your bike on the cable car, too 🚡
Screenshot_20240521-224821~2.png

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It is now absolutely pithing it down outside.

Top Bottom