Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Hopefully, normal service will soon be resumed ...
Lots of paperwork has been (mainly) completed.
Celebration of Irene's Life was yesterday in a mates pub and was quite lovely with family & friends from near and far.

Moving on slowly..👍
 

Andy in Germany

Legendary Member
second attempt to sell the giant on fleabay got to £46 , sod that i would rather keep it than part with it for that much so im glad i set a reserve . I could sell the parts for more than that !!!, sold the tiagra 4600 shifters last week for £34 and this bike has 105 .

We have this at work as well: I keep the price as low as I can, but we also replace brake cables, brakes, tyres and tubes: add a 50€ flat fee for the work and this quickly tips over 100€; cue much sucking of teeth from customers who seem to expect a high-spec bike for about 25€ at the outside. Yesterday One customer looked at a bike for 175€, and said "I'll buy it for a hundred". I pointed out that it had cost us more than that to repair, so I wouldn't be reducing the price.
 
Top Bottom