Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Surprisingly busy day today!
Lots of chores have been chored...
 

Mike_P

Legendary Member
Location
Harrogate
Fruit juice ran out this morning. At look at the Trolley app revealed the 45% off offer which was absent for the last one was at Morrisons.
eHybrid dragged out of its slumbers, tyres pumped up and it turned out to be another bike with a sluggish and noisy front hydraulic brake. 3 cartons of fruit juice weighted the rucksack and another £2 off £20 voucher acquired.
After a coffee a Co-op trek to use up the weeks vouchers and yet again another long dated reduced item, flapjacks best before 23 Oct.
The eHybrid had a lever bleed, then then the disc cleared and sandpaper on the pads.
Then investigated the new bike further and the inside plunger to the front brake hardly moves. Sprayed it with disc brake cleaner but no change. YouTube didn't seem to have any answer as all seen to assume it moves out far enough to lubricate with hydraulic fluid.
 

Illaveago

Legendary Member
Just looked at the ‘Earliest picture’ thread too. I don’t have any of me in my childhood at all, not until leaving secondary school aged 16. I don’t know what happened to any of the photo’s that my late parents had, nothing was mentioned/offered when my brother and sister cleared the house. I don’t know if they just binned them.

That's very sad.
 

colly

Re member eR
Location
Leeds
Evening cuppa went down well

Whats this lubing chains malarky .....

Dunno. I don't like the sound of it. The only thing I use 'lube' for is........................................
 

Reynard

Legendary Member
It's been a pleasant and mostly sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept like a log for ten hours after yesterday's trip to the joint Russian & Korat shows at Bugbrooke. Had a lovely day stewarding, and cuddled some super cats, including a lovely Russian Black neuter boy, and a tortie ped pet kitten. Also won two classes in their photo show, and bought some lovely hand-knitted toys for Madam Boo.

A quiet day today. Listened to the F1 on the radio (sort of catch up, as I was on about 40 mins delay) while tucked up in bed with the cat and a :cuppa:

Then downstairs, fed the cat, did a few chores and put stuff away.

A lovely lunch of tiger bread with german sausage, a packet of crisps, some cake and a small pot of tea.

Have spent the afternoon watching and listening to various sports and had a nice chatty phone call with a cat show friend who lives out Burbage way. Also squeezed in doing two loads of laundry - one general stuff, and the other some white t-shirts and my white coat that I wear for stewarding & judging.

Had a big bowl of congee with ginger, dried shrimp and savoy cabbage (into which I dumped an egg) for supper.

Now watching Denver Broncos v SF 49ers
 
Top Bottom