Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Location
Northamptonshire
First cuppa went down well
Washing machine on powered by the solar panels.
 

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Location
Armonmy Way
I was just compiling a list of my own bikes for my bike spotting hobby. I had forgotten a few of them. I think I might have seen a Liv yesterday if that is a make. It is hard trying to make out the names as they flit by!

Yes, it's a make. They're connected to Giant bikes, specifically sized for female dimensions. They seem to be quite popular and quite good looking.
 

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
A belated good morning from sunny Suffolk after a lie in following on from late night film watching. Coffee has been had.

Food, drink & travel snack shopping to be done later on this morning ahead of away days on Sunday & Monday. That should leave the afternoon free for a bit of fresh air & exercise. Can't be bothered watching or listening to the Singapore GP stuff live so that will be caught up with this evening - if it's worthwhile.
 

Mike_P

Legendary Member
Location
Harrogate
Another windy day, sunny with showers.

Morrisons shopped to use the £2 off £20 voucher and they had stocks of cheap fruit juice. Decided a trolley would be a good idea so not having a £1 coin offered 4 20p, 2 5p and a 10p to a customer who had just emptied one. They gave me the trolley but refused the payment. Makes up for the £1 coin that has vanished after I emptied the car for its MOT. Definitely put it in a bag with rest of items from the interior but it when the bag was emptied it failed to reappear.

Sainsbury's then quickly shopped, i.e. ignored the 20% off clothing, with all but bananas and a tin of rice pud either reduced price or extra Nectar points.

The reason for the quick shop being a flu jab. Got there early and was back home at the appointed time.
 

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Location
Land of Lincoln
Congratulations and I hope you have a long and happy retirement.

It was one of the best work decisions I made - at least I only had to do 40 years.

There were gaps for education and unemployment in the 1980's, but I have been privileged to have only had three jobs since the later 1980's, and continuous work. 15+ years in the photo industry, and 23 as a driver for a security company, busses large and small, and, since Covid, just a patrol vehicle. I will have plenty to keep me busy, with photography and art and the like.
 

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Location
Armonmy Way
I've assessed today and I can confidently score it 10/10. Annoyed that the Arsenal v Leeds game is on TNT though.
 
Top Bottom