music for alexa echo show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
grandad had ought all the grandkids an alexa with a mini screen , mini ck 1 set up an amazon account before i knew so they could run with no payment option.
Now he wants music but i dont know how as i dont want to put payment options on his account , are there any free music streaming options ?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Spotify?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Spotify only works on and Echo if you have premium. You might be best with an Amazon Prime account which you can add to each Echo, but that currently costs £80 a year, but you do get a huge amount of benefits. Other than that, you can listen to pretty much any radio station you like worldwide for free.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Spotify only works on and Echo if you have premium. You might be best with an Amazon Prime account which you can add to each Echo, but that currently costs £80 a year, but you do get a huge amount of benefits. Other than that, you can listen to pretty much any radio station you like worldwide for free.
I dont want to add an ability to pay on his account as TBH i dont trust him :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
How do you do that please?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201952610

How to disable purchases via Alexa
If you don't want the convenience of being able to purchase items from Amazon using Alexa, you can disable it entirely.

1. Launch the Alexa app.
  2. Tap the Menu tab in the upper left corner.
  3. Tap Settings.

alexa-disable-voice-purchase-01.jpg

4. Scroll down and tap Voice Purchasing.
  5. Toggle the switch for voice purchasing off.

alexa-disable-voice-purchase-02.jpg
When disabled, no one will be able to purchase items from Amazon using Alexa on Echo or Dot.

How to add a passcode to purchases via Alexa
If you like being able to make Amazon purchases with help from Alexa, but want to make sure purchases are intentional and with your permission, you can set up a four-digit passcode.

1. Launch the Alexa app.
  2. Tap the Menu tab in the upper left corner.
  3. Tap Settings.

alexa-disable-voice-purchase-01.jpg

4. Scroll down and tap Voice Purchasing.
  5. Enter a four-digit passcode into the confirmation code box.
  6. Tap Save Changes.

alexa-disable-voice-purchase-03.jpg
When you have a passcode set up, you can make it all the way through the steps of purchasing an item, but when you confirm that you want to buy an item, Alexa will say, "Tell me your voice code." Without it, you can't complete the purchase.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Does anyone else deliberately not buy anything using Ama2on on principle, until they start paying their staff a proper living wage, allow them proper breaks, realistic work schedules, and pay appropriate tax in the countries they operate from?

Top Bottom