Music in my house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i sold off most of my cassettes, no tape player for many years. always had *rap ones that chewed tapes. by the time i could afford a decent tape player CDs were becoming the norm so never got to experience playing on a good player!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I always wanted a Bang & Olsen. Had a great music centre at one point before everything got tiny. If my place had no Caddy, vinyl, books in vast quantities the flat would be nearly bare!

johnblack

Über Member
I had such a great set up going back 30 years, not quite sure where it all went. Mind you my main set up now is well over 20 years old, still sounds great, plus it also allows me to cast from Spotify, so I get the best of both worlds.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have an amplifoer and bluetooth receiver in the loft, with spealers set intonthe ceiling in the living room, kitchen and bedroom. Alexa then plays my music through that. It will male a hifi purist shudder with horror, butnit sounds pretty good and is neat and unobtrusive.

I play CDs jn the car.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I always wanted a Bang & Olsen. Had a great music centre at one point before everything got tiny. If my place had no Caddy, vinyl, books in vast quantities the flat would be nearly bare!
Bang & Olufsen are crap, they're OK as a 'music centre' (if a bit expensive) but hardly HiFi. I remember a work colleague having one he was so proud of so I duly went round for a listen
"Look" he said "wireless speakers"
I replied "What are those then"
"Oh you have to plug em into the mains"
"Err" "Yebbut you can move em anywhere"

Call me old fashioned but the first thing I've done is carefully position my speakers in the room for the best sound and NEVER MOVE THEM
but then I do run a couple of QUAD 303's* first sold in 1967 with a QUAD 44 pre-Amp with a Thorens Turntable and B&W speakers, there's also a Yamaha tape deck, Sony minidisc and a couple of CD players hooked up, a new Denon with USB input and an old TEAC which is a bit dodgy but has a great aggressive 'Rock' sound.

* I've owned one of the 303's since 87 along with its matching 33 Pre-Amp, they're a Stereo Amp but I run mine as 2 channel Mono with a left Amp and a right Amp driving the 'Woofer' and 'Tweeter' separately.

D

Deleted member 23692

I've got around 3300 albums all MP3'd and sat on a Synology DiscStation NAS which I can play via theDSAudio app my phone to headphones, in the car (Android Auto) or to Marshall Bluetooth speakers anyhwere I want as long as I have a 4G signal. At home I can also run the NAS through a Technics amp and PSB speakers.

If I'm out the house with no 4G then I have to slum it and rely on the 300 or so select albums sitting on the SD card on the phone.. or whatever usb storage I plug into it.

Top Bottom