Muvi fix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
After mentioning a few faults occuring on the muvi, mine packed up altogther a few nights ago, I kept o trying but it refused to record anything.

But.

I noticed the smart card had a "film" on it, either of grease or condensation.

I wiped it clear and the muvi is now working just fine. If you are having issues with either of these faults

Unexplanied short vids
Corrupt data
Refusal to delete files
Recording fault (ie light wont turn green.)

then try this, it may work for you too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A 'quick format' of the card helps too !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think i posted in the other muvi thread but i will mention it here , one of my sd cards seems to be using a lot more memory than the other, double in fact.

For a 31 min file it was over 2 gb..On playback it froze at 26 mins.

wesa

jonny jeez said:
I noticed the smart card had a "film" on it, either of grease or condensation.

It has been a long day, I thought you had found a copy of the 1978 classic with Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta; but I was struggling to identify 'condensation'

BenM

Veteran
I have found that using a card reader to read the cards, fully charging the Muvi after every use and formatting the card (as opposed to just deleting the files) once a week or so has meant I have not lost any recordings.
I forgot to charge it a couple of times this week and it still recorded 3 commutes (about an hour in total) without a problem.

Armegatron

wesa said:
It has been a long day, I thought you had found a copy of the 1978 classic with Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta; but I was struggling to identify 'condensation'
My supervisor is now wondering why I was laughing so hard ;)

Crankarm

Guru
How would one format the card :smile:?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On PC

My Computer, select memory card (usually E/F or higher), right mouse click and select Format. I've had the odd file not deleted sometimes.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
BentMikey said:
Something like 40mins per GB, surely? 8GB should give you 4-5 hours depending on the actual compression achieved.

Dunno...The clones may work different....I know on a 2hr commute on the new car dvr camera it almost fills up an 8gb card...It records at 5 min intervals and it loops as well.

Top Bottom