Muvi problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi,

My Muvi sometimes stops recording after 4 files have been saved. The total size of the files is around 3.5Gb on a 6gb card. Battery still seems to be fine so I've no idea what's causing it to stop. Has anyone had a similar problem and come up with a fix?

Ta

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Does the Muvi have a maximum memory card size? We have 4GBs in each of our Atoms.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I thought the Muvi could take up to 16gb, I'm sure I saw somewhere that it could take class 6 cards too. If it is a 4gb limit that would explain it.

No Gaz, using a Window 7 PC I'm afraid.

I'll try it again tomorrow, if it cuts out at the same time, it'll confirm the 4gb theory.

Ta

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I took it out again today and the same thing happened. I've now formatted it but won't be taking it on a longish ride until next Sat. I'll report back.

Ta for the advice!:tongue:

g00se

Veteran
Connect to a PC with the USB cable - and format it as you would any disc. Use the FAT file system if presented with a choice.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Or chuck the sd card in a reader, select MY Computer and right mouse click on the correct drive, and select format. Easy....

I sometimes get a corrupt recording if I switch the unit off too quick, and a file is left but can't be deleted.

bostonian

Hello, I got the Muvi Pro and there is a problem when recording outside, I mean while I recording inside my home or room everything goes good, but when I take it outside to the street then there are a lot of interruptions, like every 3 seconds there is an interruption, I don’t know if there is something wrong with the configuration because I tried a different mini SD card and the same problem. I take it for a walk, run or even when put it steady outside and the same problem. So please is somebody know how to resolve this problem let me know, or maybe the device is defective so then I have to return it. Thank you to anyone who tries to help me on this issue.

Top Bottom