My 1988 Raleigh Gemini winter bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stormy_ll

Hope you guys don’t mind me resurrecting this thread!
I see what you all mean about it being a rare frame… found only a single specimen on sale and this is one of the only couple of threads I can find on it. Seen many pioneers as per, but am hoping to hold out for one of these to pop up.

Found a 58cm/23 inch frame but think it’ll be too large for me (at 5’10) to be workable.
Originally had the idea of doing a restomod on an old 26er and came across a picture of one of these. Full sized wheels, great tire clearance, good geometry, 531 tubing - what’s not to love!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We need pics

Kevberlin

With plans ahead for a tour with one of my sons in Spring 2024, my stated intention was to buy a new bike from Spa Cycles, Temple Cycles or similar.
Then, I spotted this and everything changed. 😁😁😁
Now sat in my garage alongside my 1982 F W Evans roadie.

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 19
12 to 32 cassette coming thanks to members help\advice, bars changed with bar end shifters. Just not convinced on canti brakes as in the wet they are not great. I have some more blocks coming to try. I'm enjoying this ride.
20231103_122300.jpg

Kevberlin

The bike looks neat.
As you say, the cantilevers aren’t great, but it will be interesting to see if decent blocks improve them.
I have cantilevers on my other bike, and I have had them in the past on a Galaxy. In each case they were fine.

The bike looks neat.
As you say, the cantilevers aren’t great, but it will be interesting to see if decent blocks improve them.
I have cantilevers on my other bike, and I have had them in the past on a Galaxy. In each case they were fine.

Thanks, I have a galaxy and the breaks are very good on that. Fingers crossed on the blocks

Top Bottom