my 1st Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is going to be my 1st Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania

and This Bicycle Touring Trip was planned back on 11-2013 and
I was going to go on 5-3-2014 but something come up that had to be done..

I also have plans of a 1st solo Bike Touring Trip of the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania on 5-4-2019 on Amtrak train from LA, CA to Syracuse, NY then ride to Scranton, PA to Start a loop of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey... and I am going to save money for my Amtrak Train Ticket and I am still working on where I am going to end my Bicycle
Touring Trip and I may have to Rent a Storage Unit on my Bicycle Touring Trip? to get on Greyhound Bus Round Trip back to Oceanside, CA to see my Doctor for my medication and I was thinking of ending in Tampa, FL?

Anyone have any tips on miles on a bike? and I was looking at 20 to 50 miles a day and I am doing Stealth Camping on my Trip and on my route I see no Warmshowers.org host and I will be doing Stealth Camping on my Route of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersery. and I am using the Sun Ringle zuzu DH Platform Pedals and I am going to walk the hills to rest my legs. and I am going to be using my Merrell Moab Gore-Tex Mid Hiking Boots. and I have grown up in Northwest New Jersey in Stanhope, NJ and the Pocono Mountains in Brodheadsville, PA

I have done 20 miles a day in San Diego, CA doing Stealth Bike Camping and I have shakedown trip from Riverside, CA via Indio, CA to Niland, CA(Slab City) on 12-2018

I need Feedback is Appreciated about my 1st solo bike touring trip
Thanks

I think that my thinking on the Southern Tier Route is out!

This is my Bicycle Touring Trip Blog on Facebook
(Touring on a Bicycle)
https://www.facebook.com/TouringBicycleonaSurlyLHT/

PS. My back up plan is to go on Amtrak Train to Portland, Oregon on 6-3-2019 then do my Bicycle Touring Trip to San Diego,CA on the Pacific Coast Bicycle Route

Tim

my-Surly-LHT-2008.jpg
23472358_10212285570868284_1348066168117458547_n.jpg

jay clock

Massive member
Tim, two comments. Try writing your post with more punctuation and a little more succinctly. It is quite hard to follow/

Secondly, everyone is different but I tour with a lot of kit and have about half what you have. Two rear panniers, a small dry bag and small handlebar bag. Your pic shows an enormous load. see here https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/pic/?o=1p6&pic_id=2624297&size=large&v=1

Have you tried riding the bike with all that on? I am happy to email you my kit list for my trans USA ride if you like?

OP
OP
Touringonabicycle
Tim, two comments. Try writing your post with more punctuation and a little more succinctly. It is quite hard to follow/

Secondly, everyone is different but I tour with a lot of kit and have about half what you have. Two rear panniers, a small dry bag and small handlebar bag. Your pic shows an enormous load. see here https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/pic/?o=1p6&pic_id=2624297&size=large&v=1

Have you tried riding the bike with all that on? I am happy to email you my kit list for my trans USA ride if you like?
Hey Jay,

I have a learning disability called ADHD since I was 6year old and I can't put words and I can't spell or read very good. and don't show me anything from neil's website! called crazyguyonabike agien

jay clock

Massive member
Sorry to hear that. You will however not get far by being so rude when anyone responds to your posts. I will not be commenting further on anything you post or offering any help or suggestions

Brains

Legendary Member
You have too much kit.

Get the weight of the kit down to about 30 pounds
(max 40 pounds including water and food)

Top Bottom