My 1st time ever on a MTB and did 25 miles.....well chuffed :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
At 65 yrs I decided to take up cycling with no real idea what was possible. I built up to 20 miles on the road bike and went out today on the MTB (first time I've ever sat on one apart from trying it out to buy). I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort......dont get me wrong I liberally applied lavendar oil to my bum tonight.....but the ride was great. And getting out and about off road-terrific.
I did invest in a good saddle but they are personal so was pleased with the result.
So now some BIIIGGG decisions to make.........road/mtb/road/mtb......I like them both-is there only one way to find out?

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
have them both then get a cyclocross for when you want to use both! then a brompton etc etc lol.

ride what you enjoy and if you want to mix it up then get the other out! lol

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
have them both then get a cyclocross for when you want to use both! then a brompton etc etc lol.

ride what you enjoy and if you want to mix it up then get the other out! lol
Well-thats the problem you see........I have a road & a MTB but I can only seem to fit on one of them as a time.......I really must try harder!

Graham1426

Well done Dave, you certainly put some youngsters to shame, I too enjoy riding both my road bike and MTB.
I sometimes alternate my commute and go on my MTB along canals to work just to escape the traffic from time to time, I see some great wildlife on my canal-side commute which makes a great start to the day.

Happy safe cycling.

Top Bottom