My 50's Raleigh Roadster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The last time sjs had them they were less than £8 ea !

The ones in the link don't get great reviews. But then for the limited use the bike gets they might be ok .

I more than likely will keep the sturmey as the bike doesn't get much use plus I was trying to loose the dynamo front hub and I have a surplus of 27" wheels but all are the wider hub and I don't really want 70 year old forks getting too much stress .

No suitable wheels or rims for the front and as previously mentioned a surplus of 27" wheels
Nah, it was an easy decision, the original 'chromed' rims were 'toast' so needed replacing but imperial sizes are dificult to find whereas 700c tyres are plentiful

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had such a torrid ride on the 27" test wheels I swapped back to the 26" wheels and hey presto one of the smoothest riding bikes you will ever find .

Oh and a new stablemate.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Came up on my facebook memory today that i have had this one 6 years .
Not had much use due to it needing new tyres and they are either mega expensive or nil stock everywhere
So debating what to do with the old girl , pretty sure i have some 26 s 1"3/8 Alloy rims somewhere or whether just buy a set of new single speed wheels from the bay ?

Very nice! I have put in an offer on something locally. Watch this space!

Top Bottom