My 65 Moulton with electric kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drzdave58

Über Member
So i decided to try out my Bafang kit on my Moulton. Fits nicely and works great. I only had to fabricate a speed sensor mount. An old hockey puck came in useful for that.

CXRAndy

Guru
I like it a lot. :okay:

I presume you went with BBs02 motor? Which size battery did you decide on?

CXRAndy

Guru
Have you tried programming the unit for smoother operation, range etc?

I know the Bbso2 is super smooth out of the box, so maybe perfect as is, just wondered.

Ive got a programming lead for my Bafang and there are quiet a few variations to try to improve rideability

OP
OP
Drzdave58

Drzdave58

Über Member
Have you tried programming the unit for smoother operation, range etc?

I know the Bbso2 is super smooth out of the box, so maybe perfect as is, just wondered.

Ive got a programming lead for my Bafang and there are quiet a few variations to try to improve rideability
i took It out this morning for a good long ride and it performed flawlessly but i certainly would be interested in different programming options. Thx
i looked at the programming info on the internet, it certainly is interesting.https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/
maybe let me know what perimeters you changed and your performancs results.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Ok so did u reprogram it?
Not yet, I got the cable and software after a few owners said it was crude in delivery of power. I personally found it more than satisfactory. A few owners have indicated that 10-15% increase in range can be achieved with a few basic settings adjusted

OP
OP
Drzdave58

Drzdave58

Über Member
yes..I have been reading the extensive articles about reprogramming. The main advantage seems to be getting a little more range and efficiency out of it. I need to do a lot more research before I decide to try it.

OP
OP
Drzdave58

Drzdave58

Über Member
It's good that it's all suspended weight. I even cringe at a SA Dynohub on a Moulton.
Yes..I will be testing the kit out on the bike for awhile and see how it performs. I won't be riding the bike hard . I will be keeping an eye on all the parts for any issues. I reprogrammed the controller and had to replace the female connector on the battery. Had it out for one ride only and it performed fine with no issues. Now it is cold so looks like no more riding until spring for me.

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes..I will be testing the kit out on the bike for awhile and see how it performs. I won't be riding the bike hard . I will be keeping an eye on all the parts for any issues. I reprogrammed the controller and had to replace the female connector on the battery. Had it out for one ride only and it performed fine with no issues. Now it is cold so looks like no more riding until spring for me.
My wifes bike has the TSDZ2 motor. It came with anti rotation bracket. This bolts just through the small gap behind the seat tube. I know Bafang use a different method to stop rotation of the motor, but worth keeping an eye to check its tight enough

Top Bottom