My accident...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

I have to wonder who the biggest **** is here. The driver or the op. Probably both

Who knows? Could be you mate! :smile:

Xx

Crankarm

Guru
This is hopefully my last update on this...

The 1st hearing was a couple of days ago and I've only just managed to get through to the Magistrates Court. They've told me that the guy plead guilty and has received a £266 fine plus 5 points on his license. Compare this to 0 points plus only having to pay £90-£100 to go on a Drivers' Awareness course shows this gamble seriously didn't pay off.

Part of me feels really frustrated that he didn't just do the course in the first place but hopefully now this is a lesson learned. I just really hope that he knows he did wrong in this situation rather than pleading guilty at this stage to get off a greater fine later on.

AFAIK the Drivers' awareness courses do not have any specific training for drivers how to drive around cyclists. I think you had the best result. 5 points on his license is 2 more than the usual three for careless driving. Should make his insurance premiums a little more weighty. Plus his guilty plea makes any civil case you bring against him sooo much easier relatively speaking. What a tool. The magistrates should have insisted he goes to Spec Savers as it is really worrying that muppets like him are driving around oblivious to what or who is around them.

Trickedem

Guru
Good result and well done for sticking to your guns. This will cost him a lot more over the next few years on his insurance.

Top Bottom