My Before & After

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
That is very impressive and I respect your commitment and dedication. It must have been a struggle to keep motivated throughout and I presume quite expensive to keep buying new clothes. Well done - very inspirational.

Great stuff, GB155 and well done!

Get yourself on one of the regional CC rides and put some of our boys and girls to shame! :smile:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Well done mate! I was 20st in Oct 2008 and two weeks ago I got under 18st, no matter when I weigh myself, before or after a meal at the moment I'm still under 18 so I'm happy. Next target... 17!

jags

Guru
phil i think im in the same boat as yourself,never loose weight cycling.
so gb155 whats the secret,well done btw you look fantastic.

just4fun

i think what you've achieved is amazing. i used to work in a hospital and there was this top bloke i was looking after weighing 44 stone who sadly died of multiple organ failure in his early 40's. its brilliant to see the other side of the coin and i think your an inspiration. good luck with the last 4.83

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
satans budgie said:
gb155 given your undoubted success how did you go about working towards and attaining your goal. I am interested in how to you remained motivated, unexpected hindrances and what to date has been the hardest part for you as person.

Small goals at first, I knew if I had it in my mind to loose 20 stone it would drive me crazy, So I thought, 3 pounds this week, 4 pounds next week, 1inch off my chest this month and so on.

I have been really lucky in that respect, I have rediscovered the love for cycling I have and that coupled with the amazing feeling of loosing so much weight has kept me motivated, I have not really had any unexpected hindrances, During the winter months I rode with just one brake and for a couple of day just one gear (ouch) but I just didnt not want to ride so it was all enjoyable, Even snow, sliding sideways like bamby was great fun lol, The only one unexpected hindrances I have suffered was flu a couple of weeks ago, that keep me off the bike and off work for 2 weeks ( it was real flu not man flu :angry:) apart from that I have not missed one single day cycling to work.

The hardest part would have to be the start, 5 mph killed me, It wasnt nice to see, the youth of today enjoyed huring abuse but I just stuck my mp3 player on nice and loud and blocked them out and got on with it

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
just4fun said:
i think what you've achieved is amazing. i used to work in a hospital and there was this top bloke i was looking after weighing 44 stone who sadly died of multiple organ failure in his early 40's. its brilliant to see the other side of the coin and i think your an inspiration. good luck with the last 4.83

Thats sad to hear, Scary thing being that so could have been me, I had been in and out of hospital with so many medical isses, I have been so lucky to nail this like I have

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
jags said:
phil i think im in the same boat as yourself,never loose weight cycling.
so gb155 whats the secret,well done btw you look fantastic.

Make sure your Cals out is higer than your cals and make sure you enjoy doing it, Thats all I have done

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
eldudino said:
Well done mate! I was 20st in Oct 2008 and two weeks ago I got under 18st, no matter when I weigh myself, before or after a meal at the moment I'm still under 18 so I'm happy. Next target... 17!

well done mate, feels great doesnt it

Top Bottom