My Before & After

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
39 Stone

SICK.jpg

14 months later at 23 stone

after2.jpg

Getting ready for Manchester to Blackpool in July, I love cycling, I have my life back and now its time to help other people.

Thanks for your time.

betty swollocks

large member
Cracking work gb and very well done.
DON'T lose another 16 stone though will you? :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Now that's a positive advert for cycling!!

Well done.

I'm sure someone else will be dying to pipe up with this, so I'll get in first...

"Oi! You fit b*stard!!!" :biggrin:;)

ACS

Legendary Member
phil_hg_uk said:
I dont understand how everyone seems to loose weight cycling no matter now much I go out on my bike I always end up weighing the same :cry:

Oh yes and well done on the weight loss.

Is this because you are at your 'fighting weight' already and have little to shed ?

GB155 - Respect.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
satans budgie said:
Is this because you are at your 'fighting weight' already and have little to shed ?

I don't know I go out on my bike every week, I do at least 1 long ride per week usually on a sunday of between 50 and 80 miles usually across the dales so very hilly. I also try to get out on an evening when possible so I usually do around 400 miles per month.

I always end up weighing around 12 stone 12. For my height 5'7" I should be more like 11 stone 6 max. Last year I got down to 11 stone 12 but that was only by eating almost nothing which is not a great idea on a long ride as I soon ran out of energy.

ACS

Legendary Member
phil_hg_uk said:
I don't know I go out on my bike every week, I do at least 1 long ride per week usually on a sunday of between 50 and 80 miles usually across the dales so very hilly. I also try to get out on an evening when possible so I usually do around 400 miles per month.

I always end up weighing around 12 stone 12. For my height 5'7" I should be more like 11 stone 6 max. Last year I got down to 11 stone 12 but that was only by eating almost nothing which is not a great idea on a long ride as I soon ran out of energy.

I have about 20 kg (3 st) to shed and have been trying fairly hard since Christmas without much success. Medium to large build at 5’10”. I now ride 4 times a week, Tue, 20 miles hills, Thu 20 miles, flat ish and as fast as I can manage, Sat and Sun are interchangeable, long and steady 50 to 70 miles depending on time and a 35 miles at brisk pace. On the long I always ride out to a café and refuel the rest I just take on water and may be take on a banana along.

I am now starting to see a drop in weight, 4 kg since the beginning of Apr. Based on advice found on the forum I am not watching what I eat, I eat a little less and avoid hi-calorie foodstuffs. Enjoy a moderate glass of wine with a meal or a small beer, more a lifestyle change than a diet.

gb155 given your undoubted success how did you go about working towards and attaining your goal. I am interested in how to you remained motivated, unexpected hindrances and what to date has been the hardest part for you as person.

gb155 said:
I have my life back and now its time to help other people.

That's the greatest feeling in the world - I know, because I did the same, for different reasons, and my first charity ride collected £600 for BHF, and started my lve of mid-distance cycling......;)

Good luck for your charity rides, and VERY WELL done....!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Thanks everyone, Yup I feel AMAZING, Did my 14 mile commute in just a few seconds over 1 hour today, Sun was out, I felt AMAZING, I love cycling

gb155 said:
Thanks everyone, Yup I feel AMAZING, Did my 14 mile commute in just a few seconds over 1 hour today, Sun was out, I felt AMAZING, I love cycling

GB155, total respect mate, great work, the weight loss you've achieved + 14 miles in an hour, better than an awful lot of people, keep it going, superb;):smile:

Top Bottom