My best ever hi-fi upgrade - and it didn't cost a penny!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Then on operation to fix your busted ear drum.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
We had a guy here in work who we had to rush to A&E for sticking a pen in his ear, which was OK, until the top stayed in there on removal :laugh:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
We had a guy here in work who we had to rush to A&E for sticking a pen in his ear, which was OK, until the top stayed in there on removal :laugh:
A&E are well used to the removal of bodies, foreign from orifices, various :smile:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm with Tom, it looks an easy way to rupture your eardrum

Oh and BTW I've had my ears 'syringed' a couple of times, it didn't cost me a penny.
Nah - it's really easy & there's no way you're going to harm yourself. At worst it won't work, but it did for me - in spades. I thought my right ear was a bit blocked. When I cleared it I realised just how blocked my left ear was. I did ask at my GP about syringing, but they said they 'don't offer that service anymore'. Oh.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nah - it's really easy & there's no way you're going to harm yourself. At worst it won't work, but it did for me - in spades. I thought my right ear was a bit blocked. When I cleared it I realised just how blocked my left ear was. I did ask at my GP about syringing, but they said they 'don't offer that service anymore'. Oh.

By coincidence I am off to an Audiologist on Wednesday to have my right ear syringed - £49.00

Never suffered with ear wax until it started about 4 weeks ago - contacted my GP practice and I went to see a nurse for an ear check. Wax build up confirmed.

They too no longer do syringing because of potential liability claims re perforated eardrums.

I thought that's what Professional Indemnity Insurance was for!

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Would the water from the shower head be as good.

Or to put it another way, no. You need to squirt into your ear...as against showering onto it. FWIW I also cheated - following my wife's advice, I prepared the groundwork by pipetting warm olive oil into the ear, then leaving it a few hours before going at it with the warm water. But the crap that came out when I swooshed it! (Those of a sensitive disposition may wish to look away now...)

photo_2019-07-29_12-11-10.jpg

(The 50p wasn't up there - I added that for scale.)

It really is amazing tho' - I feel like I've been living underwater for months, and have just surfaced. Everything's so clear! (And really significantly louder.)

Slick

Guru
Or to put it another way, no. You need to squirt into your ear...as against showering onto it. FWIW I also cheated - following my wife's advice, I prepared the groundwork by pipetting warm olive oil into the ear, then leaving it a few hours before going at it with the warm water. But the crap that came out when I swooshed it! (Those of a sensitive disposition may wish to look away now...)

View attachment 477612

(The 50p wasn't up there - I added that for scale.)

It really is amazing tho' - I feel like I've been living underwater for months, and have just surfaced. Everything's so clear! (And really significantly louder.)
May give it a go.

Top Bottom