My bike in front of a Pinfold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I presume this is a Pinfold ?
Spotted in Wilby

IMG_20220814_055148619.jpg

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I presume this is a Pinfold ?
Spotted in Wilby

View attachment 657284

I think that’s a modern equivalent used to coral livestock to get then onto or off transport. You often see them against field boundaries close to roads.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think that’s a modern equivalent used to coral livestock to get then onto or off transport. You often see them against field boundaries close to roads.

Indeed, sheep particular need regular "maintenance" worming, fly spraying, dodding etc. so having a pen in a field saves driving them back to the farm. drive them all into the pen and catch them and "maintain" them one by one and release into the field as you do it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
LsZdVyVGdQ92F7vk.jpeg

My bike, not in front of, but inside.. An older photo, June 2019, on the road from Altnaharra to Tongue overlooking Loch Craggie.
It's a full circle with a couple of entrances/exits in the walls iirc
Google pics says it @ 58°25'20.3"N, -4°22'19.4"W

All uphill

Still rolling along
Pounds & Pinfolds

Of course there's a website for them! 😂

Oh dear, I feel a new challenge coming on.

OldShep

Über Member
View attachment 657470

My bike, not in front of, but inside.. An older photo, June 2019, on the road from Altnaharra to Tongue overlooking Loch Craggie.
It's a full circle with a couple of entrances/exits in the walls iirc
Google pics says it @ 58°25'20.3"N, -4°22'19.4"W

That’s a Stell found on hill and moor ground for sheep. We say "the sheep were stelled in the snow" When shepherds were plentiful sheep were put in during snowstorms I know one in Yorkshire built by cistercian monks.

Top Bottom