My card has been cloned, Dammm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Checked my C.C statement on line this morning to find that some bugger has spent £902 in Tesco Express. on monday. I have been onto my bank and stopped my card and they did tell me that I will get the money back. But, I will have to pay the extra for the moment as the payment date is soon. I did pay my motorbike insurance on monday on line, coincidence, and have been on to them as the payment hasn't yet gone through. It is just a pain.:smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
…yeh, if it's the obvious, just use paypal…

got-to-get-fit

This happened to me, someone used my Sky credit card to buy 1500 quids worth of drugs from an American drug store. I got every penny back and did not have to pay any late fees or interim payments whilst the CC company dealt with it......so Hats off to Sky.

I hope you get a satisfactory response mate

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Cheers, I with the Nationwide and when I spoke to them earlier the man on the phone was very helpful and reassured me that I should get the payment put back into my account within a week or so.

abchandler

Paulus said:
I did pay my motorbike insurance on monday on line, coincidence, and have been on to them as the payment hasn't yet gone through. It is just a pain.:smile:

Who with, out of interest? I paid mine on Saturday and although I haven't spotted anything yet, it'd be nice to know if I need extra vigilance

Maz

Guru
Hold on...did they nick your PIN, too?
I thought you needed to enter your PIN everywhere these days. Right?

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

abchandler said:
Who with, out of interest? I paid mine on Saturday and although I haven't spotted anything yet, it'd be nice to know if I need extra vigilance

It was with Bennetts. I have just changed to them from my previous insurer. there are a few possibilties who it may of been, but how do you know?

domtyler

Über Member
I doubt it. How can you spend £902 in Tesco Express?

Anyway, you can still sign for credit cards. It's just that the store is responsible if it's not a legitimate transaction.

Champagne, Wine, Electricals possibly (The Tesco in Bishopsgate is called an Express but is still quite big and does sell a small selection of electricals), tobacco, other 'luxury' products, cashback etc.

domtyler

Über Member
"My good man, I'll take 46 of those toasters of yours, a bottle of your finest bubbly, and that rack of Mach IIIs.

No, of course there's nothing to be suspicious about!"

There are hundred pound bottles of Dom Perignon in the store I mention above, this is City Trader land mind you. Six bottles of those, and six decent reds and you're there. Can't see too many raised eyebrows in this part of the world.

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Ok, now I have gone in to it properly , the amount has gone to Tesco Direct, which is the internet version of tesco's. So it is quite possible for TV's and other electrical goods to have been ordered. How do these people/organisations do it?

Maz

Guru
I can understand how they get your details, including the 3-digit number on the back of the card, but how do they get round the address thing? You would expect deliveries to be made to your address....or is there an option to re-direct goods to an alternative address?
Has anyone used Tesco on-line before?

domtyler

Über Member
Most places will let you deliver to a second address but you need to have the billing address for the CC. That must mean that they have your home address Paulus :wacko:

Top Bottom