1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My card has been cloned, Dammm

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Paulus, 20 Feb 2008.

1. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Checked my C.C statement on line this morning to find that some bugger has spent £902 in Tesco Express. on monday. I have been onto my bank and stopped my card and they did tell me that I will get the money back. But, I will have to pay the extra for the moment as the payment date is soon. I did pay my motorbike insurance on monday on line, coincidence, and have been on to them as the payment hasn't yet gone through. It is just a pain.:smile:

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I have a worrying feeling about where this is going to lead...

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

…yeh, if it's the obvious, just use paypal…

4. Rab

Rab Über Member

me too :smile:

5. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

This happened to me, someone used my Sky credit card to buy 1500 quids worth of drugs from an American drug store. I got every penny back and did not have to pay any late fees or interim payments whilst the CC company dealt with it......so Hats off to Sky.

I hope you get a satisfactory response mate

6. OP
    OP
    Paulus

Cheers, I with the Nationwide and when I spoke to them earlier the man on the phone was very helpful and reassured me that I should get the payment put back into my account within a week or so.

7. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

Who with, out of interest? I paid mine on Saturday and although I haven't spotted anything yet, it'd be nice to know if I need extra vigilance

8. Maz

Maz Guru

Hold on...did they nick your PIN, too?
    I thought you needed to enter your PIN everywhere these days. Right?

9. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

No, you only need the details from your card if ordering online or over the phone.

Daft, isn't it?

10. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

In the OP, it says the money was spent in Tesco.

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I doubt it. How can you spend £902 in Tesco Express?

Anyway, you can still sign for credit cards. It's just that the store is responsible if it's not a legitimate transaction.

12. OP
    OP
    Paulus

It was with Bennetts. I have just changed to them from my previous insurer. there are a few possibilties who it may of been, but how do you know?

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Does one of them rhyme with diggle?:wacko:

14. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Champagne, Wine, Electricals possibly (The Tesco in Bishopsgate is called an Express but is still quite big and does sell a small selection of electricals), tobacco, other 'luxury' products, cashback etc.

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

"My good man, I'll take 46 of those toasters of yours, a bottle of your finest bubbly, and that rack of Mach IIIs.

No, of course there's nothing to be suspicious about!"