My comfy hybrid!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
After buying a flat bar road bike I put my Giant hybrid to one side for 12 - 18 months.

Last weekend, I "re-discovered" the hybrid and took it on a 20 miler including part of the Trans Pennine Trail.

Yes, it was a bit heavier and I was a bit slower, but what a pleasant ride it was! Much more comfy than the roadbike - a more upright riding position, but no harsh, bone shuddering potholes to contend with with those skinny 23c tyres.

In fact, I enjoyed it that much, I am going out on it again later!

I wonder if it will be windy?!!!

Biggler

Über Member
I bought a Giant Roam Hybrid a few weeks ago, and have done most of my cycling on roads. I was starting to wonder if I made the wrong choice getting a hybrid, but last week I went for a ride on roads and then Wynyard Woodland Park tracks and I loved it. I know I made the right choice now, but I still want a road bike :P

If I am still cycling and enjoying it next year I think I may treat myself to a road bike.

potsy

Rambler
It is nice to get back on my CX after a while of commuting on the road bike, much comfier ride and only a bit slower.
It's also nice to go the other way though and feel the increased speed, good to mix things up :thumbsup:

Top Bottom