my commuter for this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
this is my commuter this week its a Mercedes belt driven 7 speed shimano nexus equipped bike with drum brakes as well , really different to ride .

and impressive once you get use to it

5919878-541m.jpg

Not sure about the headset / handlebar setup, but I do like the idea of the belt drive and nexus hub.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How does the belt drive 'feel' compared to a traditional set-up? I've been quite tempted by the Revolution Belter as an alternative commuter.
strange feeling because it seems to sense if doing right revs or rotations . once you adjust its ok , but you can almost feel the notches meshing at times when not got things right ratio , but all in all its not the best looking bike or the lightest bike at 16 kg area but its a very compotent commuting machine that is different

AndyRM

XOXO
Not quite Newcastle - North Tyneside to be specific. Not posh enough to be proper 'Toon' ;-)

How do you mean about offering a test ride? I was tempted by their SS Track bike and they let me ride it down Shields Road and back. Or do you mean a more extended ride like what you're getting with your Merc?

AndyRM

XOXO
Ah right, gotcha! Long day - misunderstood you! Makes sense now that I've read it with my brain a bit more engaged.

Appreciate the sentiment - enjoy the bike! If you do find any quirks/advantages I'd be interested to hear about them.

Tynan

Veteran
I passed a chap on a rather exotic bike, it was something in full carbon with trimmings from China offa the web

He had a belt drive and hub and was thoroughly convinced by it

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well have made it to thursday using the Merc and all good , its not a bike made for speed its happiest just pootling along , might have to find a racer for 2moro as its friday

Top Bottom