My copper-plated Brompton finally arrived!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Ever since the nickel-plated Brompton was introduced, I'd been looking rather wistfully at them. The problem was, as I had a rather non-standard Brompton at the time (8-speed Sturmey Archer), and Brompton didn't sell the frame on its own, I'd have had to buy an expensive bike and then make the same relatively expensive modifications to it.

I figured if I was going to do that, I should do it properly, and get my ultimate Brompton built. Pretend it's the last bike I'll ever buy and hang the expense. So, instead of nickel-plated, copper-plated. Instead of 8-speed SA, a 14-speed Rohloff. Plus a few trimmings ...

This weekend was the first proper ride out on it, and I'm very, very happy!

his-and-her-bromptons-15.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-01.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-04.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-03.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-07.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-10.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-25.jpg

his-and-her-bromptons-02.jpg

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I have absolutely no interest in Bromptons at all, but that is a thing of beauty! Enjoy, its a wonderful thing that you've done there :smile:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Lovely pass the Duraglit Again no special interest in a Brompton but that does look rather nice. Could have done with a picture fully up. I am curious have you had a name change or did you know in 2008 you wanted a copper one and waited 9 years?!

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Oh my! Now that is nice. Will it stay like that or weather over time?
It’s varnished, so should stay shiny.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Could have done with a picture fully up. I am curious have you had a name change or did you know in 2008 you wanted a copper one and waited 9 years?!
Yep, I'll add one soon. Changed my username when I ordered it. The plating took a couple of months (we’ll, the varnishing mostly).

Top Bottom