My cunning plan...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

Classic! My ribs are hurting now, I think I laughed too hard :rofl:

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Well... a ride of milestone achievements.

Missions:

1-Sub 1 hour time
2-Feet up full lap
3-Do the werewolf drop

It didn't begin well on the ride from the car to the trails start. A group of riders were coming towards me and I decided to get out of their way by hopping up a curb. I wasn't paying attention and my foot slipped, crank spun and I now have a shin with a 4 stud reminder to always pay more attention.

The trail itself went pretty well and I felt my cornering was coming on, and my legs seemed well up for it. Some sections were taken with more gusto than usual and that seemed to help them flow. Knowing the drop was coming up I took a few moments to have a play in that bomb hole on the Takeroo campsite (That's the pic for my avatar). Back to the trail, the fast decent detour of "Son of chainslapper" was woohoo`d down, snow white really seemed to flow and so did the berms of the 7 dwarfs.

Hmmm... "let loose". The one with the interesting bit. Black arrow, hang a left, line up, pedals level, weight back... and down it goes with just enough room to hang right, and still no feet down!

Feeling pretty happy I headed of for the rest of the trail. A few jumps, a few berms then on the upperty-downerty of the rollers I heard a faster rider closing. I wanted to get out of his way but no room. Im on the last few berms and he sounds close so I have a shoulder look and... ladybirds shouldn't look this big. Yup, lost balance with the shoulder check and now Im nose down in the flora and fauna. And that other rider was a decent distance back. Nice chap, stopped to make sure I was OK before he set off.

2 little incidents aren't going to spoil my ride. Done the drop and a sub 1 hour. Im happy with that. The full feet up lap will have to wait and with some knee skin in a berm its good to know that some corner of Follow the dog will always belong to PaulSecteur.

Friday is the next visit... C`mon!!!

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Strange ride today.

I didn't feel up for it but I had the bike with me and the weather was decent so I knew I would kick myself later if I didn't go. No missions planned, just get round, get the miles in. Made it up cardiac hill and straight into the next section. Nothing of note for most of the route. I did wuss out of werewolf, spent about 5 mins peering over the edge and chatting with another wusser (who did make it down eventually, but it wasn't graceful) and made it back to the car. I was expecting well over an hour maybe 1h15 as I really didn't rush, but it was 57 mins, within a few minutes of yesterday that I felt really on it.

Oh, and I made it through the final berms without leaving flesh in the gravel.

Motozulu

Über Member
Every time you do it it gets easier - I'm not ashamed to say it took me 4 or 5 attempts to do werewolf when I was setting out 2 summers back - now (like Skol) it hardly registers. You've cracked it - wide approach, wheel in the middle, weight back, brake hard on the rear at the bottom and swing her around. Last summer my challenge was the Tom, Dick and Harry rock stairs on the Monkey - first attempt I went too slow on the second one and locked the front - ended up halfway down the bank with some blood on me fizzog - again, now, not a problem. Speed is your friend.

Top Bottom