My current favourite post on Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have no idea how this has got to 87 replies - and I am not reading them all to find out - but I am happy such a simple question as resulted in so many responses.
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 21.19.35.jpg

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Sometimes just reading thread titles can give you a chuckle, in a nice way, even if you never read the thread.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't know about best thread title, but I have just spotted what looks like one of the most amazing film titles of all time. Aimlessly browsing the TV listings, I have discovered that 'Nude Nuns with Big Guns' is about to start on the Horror Channel! It sounds so bad that there is an outside chance that it might actually be good ... :okay:

"Upon taking her vows to become a nun, Sister Sarah is abused, brainwashed and drugged into submission by the corrupt clergy. On the verge of death from a lethal dose of drugs, Sister Sarah receives a message from GOD telling her to take vengeance on all those who did her wrong. Armed with God's will and an arsenal of big guns, she dispenses Judgment Day on her former tormentors. When the church hires the merciless motorcycle gang the "Los Muertos" to track down and kill her."

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm, I read a few reviews which at first led me to believe that it might be fun, but this one has put me right off:

"I was expecting a good campy exploitation film. The title should have been, NUNS GET RAPED...ALOT. I MEAN REALLY ALOT. there was not enough blood shed and way too much rape. Even the Action sequences were poorly done. I had such high hopes for this movie based on the title and it seems its only redeeming quality is that everyone dies."

I'll give it a miss!

Hmm, I read a few reviews which at first led me to believe that it might be fun, but this one has put me right off:

"I was expecting a good campy exploitation film. The title should have been, NUNS GET RAPED...ALOT. I MEAN REALLY ALOT. there was not enough blood shed and way too much rape. Even the Action sequences were poorly done. I had such high hopes for this movie based on the title and it seems its only redeeming quality is that everyone dies."

I'll give it a miss!
Yup. Totally supportive of your decision.

I want to make it quite clear: no nuns get raped in The Hobbit

Tin Pot

Guru
I don't know about best thread title, but I have just spotted what looks like one of the most amazing film titles of all time. Aimlessly browsing the TV listings, I have discovered that 'Nude Nuns with Big Guns' is about to start on the Horror Channel! It sounds so bad that there is an outside chance that it might actually be good ... :okay:

"Upon taking her vows to become a nun, Sister Sarah is abused, brainwashed and drugged into submission by the corrupt clergy. On the verge of death from a lethal dose of drugs, Sister Sarah receives a message from GOD telling her to take vengeance on all those who did her wrong. Armed with God's will and an arsenal of big guns, she dispenses Judgment Day on her former tormentors. When the church hires the merciless motorcycle gang the "Los Muertos" to track down and kill her."
I’ve reviewed it on the Film thread in 2016. Yes, boobs, but actually quite good in a Robert Rodriguez / Quentin Tarantino post exploitation way:

It's actually quite good. 7/10

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
:laugh:

Please do.

Best review I have ever written was live-blogging the first Hobbit movie on Facebook.

Can I suggest you live-blog here? I would happily hand this thread to you.

Works especially well if you can pause and comment - which I couldn't with Hobbit.
I thoroughly recommend this live tweet thread of all three extended version LOTR films back to back, with food.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

I'll give it a miss!

I just hate it when people tell you how a film ends before you have watched it. Tends to spoil the ending :smile:

Top Bottom