My Daws Galaxy 2007- loaded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

It is a 64cm frame. I took off th eorigional selle italia saddle and replaced it with a Brooks B17 Champion honey colour saddle. The origional pedals are also history and I put on some shimano double sided spd's. The other changes to the supplied kit are two chrome water cages and blackburn low rider custom front racks.

The Panniers and bar bag are all matching Carradice overlanders. Tent is a decathlon Ultra light pro t2. I carry a Blacks xxxl sleeping bag, an Alpkit full length sleep mat and a blacks mat...yes two mats are more comfy! Front panniers contain the Trangia 27 cookset and all cooking gear...the other one is a dedicated washroom including a sports towel etc...it also has plenty of spare room for food bought on route.

stevenb

Nice one...you sure make the most of your bike...very good to see.
the Brooks saddles are perfect for touring and amongst the best available.
certainly a mile munching machine you have there. xx(

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Thanks Steve.. I jus tneed to stop munching when I'm doing those miles and all will be well...that bar bag was full of choccie biscuits:blush:xx(

stevenb

lol...snack'n'go....sounds good...I'd probably scoff it all in the first 2 miles and be bloated the rest of the way and then run out fo food later. xx(
Have you thought about doing a tour of the east coast?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Have you thought about doing a tour of the east coast?

..of Britain..or E anglia?

I was going to do the coast from cromer down and back to sowf end...but the weather was crap ans I came back via thetford forest....I will go back up along the coast next year possibly, prior to my super hero summer run...either along the rhine or calais/med:biggrin:....but there is NO way I'm going anywhere near that coast in the winter...:sad:xx(:eek::biggrin:

Abitrary

You could have done about 50 extra miles rather than worrying about when, where to photo your bike

I do the same thing with weird cycle paths when i'm abroad

Top Bottom