My dislike for Leaf Blowers ( and leaf blower owners!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Saw a guy last night blowing hedge trimmings that he had just made from the strip of grass at the front of his house on to the main road. Not sure why he couldn't just clean up his mess.

Drago

Legendary Member
^^^ because he's a lazy arriss bar stewards, I should think.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The old woman who lives next door has gardeners come round with one of them, all it seems to do is blow the holly leaves that drop from her tree under our hedge where they stay til muggins here cuts the hedge and gets the bloody things stuck in my hands when I collect/bag the hedge clippings. :cursing:
My neighbour has a holly tree, they are the devils work! The leaves never lose their hatred and spite no matter how long they've lain there, they're always ready to punish you.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'll even go down the road as far as my cables go to tidy everywhere up and get additional leaf mould.
I don't go as far as that but I do do in front of my neighbours garage, I might as well because next time the wind blows I'll get getting them anyway!
I had no idea they have a suck function. I alwasy wondered why don't they make a suck function.
It's a very complicated procedure which is why most people won't do it, you have to take Lever A & move it from it's default position B to alternative position C

Brandane

Legendary Member
I love the Stihl petrol BLOWER (the clue is in the name, it doesn't have a suck setting or a collecting bag) which I use at work. Rural setting surrounded by trees, and extensive grounds. If I was to use a brush, rake, or whatever, I would never have time to do the multitude of other tasks I have to do. It's quick and easy; other methods are no contest in my work setting.
Perhaps for people in a 2 bed semi in suburbia they are a touch OTT, but a God-send for us country folk!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Are leaf blower owners the same people who put their dog poo in plastic bags and then hang it neatly on the nearest hedge?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I have a blower/sucker, which is excellent for herding, then sucking up leaves in the back garden. With a garden which doesn't consist of a lawn desert, there are numerous nooks and crannies for leaves from the many trees in and around my garden,to lodge themselves in.
At one time, in addition to smaller trees, we had willow, beech and birch trees, two of which were taller than the house. Together they shed a hell of a lot of leaves and a blower sucker, saved hours of picking and raking.
As to the front garden, I would never consider putting my cutting detritus or leaf fall, anywhere other than as compost.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Are you really lumping all leaf blowers and owners together?

If so: 1/ You sound like a delightful fellow. 2/You May be trolling 3/You are definitely ill informed. Don’t judge us all on your minuscule and ignorant observations. There are inconsiderate idiots everywhere. It’s a shame, those are the ones you have come accross or indeed the only ones you care to notice.

Of all my work tools that get nicked, they are top of the pinch list. There’s your litmus to their popularity. They are far more efficient than a broom or rake. That’s time efficiency and value for money to me and my clients. You don’t damage lawn, border plants etc and gathering leaves in the autumn is a doddle. As mentioned upthread, Leaf mulch is far more valuable in the garden than swept down the road.

Leaf blowers are one of my top three, must have tools in any garden. Not just for us so called professionals. All my clients are delighted how neat my work is. Much down to tidying up with a leaf blower.

As for leaf blower owners: All the ones I know are top folk. Probably a much larger control group than your negative perceptions.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Reason number 41 why Leaf blowers and leaf blower owners are top notch. Welcome to NCN 24 in Somerset. It’s a pleasure.

FABE6CC4-2730-4CF1-9BE2-4A73BAA55610.jpeg

Top Bottom