My ex thinks cycling tests and insurance should be compulsary for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidaw

I think there needs to be a seperate test for everyone who is classed as a road user. Everybody on the roads needs to know the Highway code, and changes that are made to it.

Just a theory test, but has to be resat every 5 years. Failure of test takes away any other form of license or right to be on the road.

Just a thought, so don't go shooting me!!!

To be honest, I can't see that forcing someone who just wants to get a driving licence to spend weeks arsing about on two wheelers when they don't really want to is going to do anything other than foster resentment of those riding bikes when they eventually do get on the roads. I have no problem with people simply being trained to drive or ride whatever they want to: the trick is to do it properly in the first place, and introduce regular retests. And perhaps make the test a little less ludicrously easy in the first place, and maybe introduce an attitude test.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
HF2300 said:
I keep seeing this said on cycling forums, but I'm not aware of it in law - is this law, or just semantics?
Driving of course is licenced, but there is no specific right enshrined in law to cycle on roads. People label it a 'right' because it's unlicenced, but I think it's really semantics. The government could introduce cycling licences tomorrow if it wished.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
in a perfect world she would be right, but untill thoses who have taken tests,(motorists) drive as they are supposed too and give way to thoses more vunrable, there is no point, and to her i would say this narrow minded blame others veiw point is perhaps why she is an ex? this may or may not be my oppion, and is just a possible veiw point ? have a nice day

Top Bottom