My first close call!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karan733

Had my first close call today, the day I placed an order for a MD80 as I'd like to have a record in case something bad ever happened!

I was coming around this corner and had moved towards the centre of the road (is this called primary or secondary?) to avoid the bumpy drain cover just after the signpost when some idiot passed me around the outside of the nearside lane, despite a clear outer lane :smile: I gesticulated a sort of what-was-that, only got a brake test treatment followed up a nice middle finger.

Cant wait for the cam to arrive! :evil: Nice to get the first "OI!" out of the way since starting to commute on bike. I was thinking Northampton might be a cyclists paradise until then, having read all the stories about other peoples close calls!

Congrats I had a mr bmw driver boy racer...just processing the file....but alas this is normal behaviour here.

NigC

hackbike 666 said:
Congrats I had a mr bmw driver boy racer...just processing the file....but alas this is normal behaviour here.

Actually, in the 18 months I've been cycling (average is probably 6ish journeys per week), I've had many close calls, but so far no driver has given me any abuse...... yet..... Possibly it's to do with the area, or the time I'm on the roads?????

Anyway, nothing wrong with BMWs :evil: Oh, hang on, my wife uses mine for her commute.... STAY AWAY FROM BMWs AT ALL COSTS :smile: Glad I'm not cycling at the same time she's driving!!!!!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtZqy7iX9rc

Here it is....Not having a go at the BMW driver but I see this a lot...plus it's the (2 lane) pinchpoint with lights...This is notorious for this sort of thing.Poxy road layout again.

It caught me even though I had looked round...because I know how bad it is.I had already refrained from passing the cyclist in front.I think I served as cover for him actually....You'll like it when I used the horn...his brake lights came on....Bet he was confused from where that came from.:evil:

This is filmed on 2 cameras...the one with the time is fixed on the bike handlebars and looks like a torch...the second one without the time is a MUVi fitted to my helmet....(oooer)

It's not a good overtake and it's boy racer driving.

NigC

hackbike 666 said:
Not having a go at the BMW driver

I know - I'm just messing about :biggrin:

It's bad enough just undertaking the traffic on it's own, but add 2 (or probably 3) cyclists to the equation and it's a recipe for disaster.

Love the horn :evil::biggrin:

Im sure it confused him...the brake lights came on.:evil:

Crap editing...I have problems with my editing software so it's early days.

Top Bottom