My first Crit “The Spring Cotton Spinners”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Race at weekend I came 4th! Am not doing to bad at the crits.

2014-05-06_08-36-40-152.png

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Good stuff! Very well done :smile:

zizou

Veteran
In terms of experience it will do you good, however if you are also winning prize money then it might not make you the most popular of riders! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
In terms of experience it will do you good, however if you are also winning prize money then it might not make you the most popular of riders! :biggrin:

Experience yes, money no.

It seems that in both my last 2 races I could have won.
This time a lapped rider block me at the start of my sprint.
I think i need to get out of the saddle much sooner and get better positioning in the final laps.
I have been sprinting though the field and the Finish line has come just a few feet to soon.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
NEXT RACE.............

Last night I thought I would go up to timeside and enter the CAT4 race, and BOOM! I won YAY

I also won £30 which paid for the customs charges for my wheels, woop woop!

oldroadman

Veteran
Experience yes, money no.

It seems that in both my last 2 races I could have won.
This time a lapped rider block me at the start of my sprint.
I think i need to get out of the saddle much sooner and get better positioning in the final laps.
I have been sprinting though the field and the Finish line has come just a few feet to soon.

Very tricky unless you know what you are doing - more to the point do other people. Much better to be no lower than 5th/6th wheel going into the last few laps, and hanging on to it. Safer near the front, you won't get caught up amongst the numpties who will risk all for 10th place and a single ranking point!

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Very tricky unless you know what you are doing - more to the point do other people. Much better to be no lower than 5th/6th wheel going into the last few laps, and hanging on to it. Safer near the front, you won't get caught up amongst the numpties who will risk all for 10th place and a single ranking point!

Yes I seem to be poop at this ^^^^^^, the race I won I was like 12th with half a lap to go.

oldroadman

Veteran
NEXT RACE.............

Last night I thought I would go up to timeside and enter the CAT4 race, and BOOM! I won YAY
I also won £30 which paid for the customs charges for my wheels, woop woop!
In all fairness, you should get a licence and you will start to move through the categories to better quality racing. With the placings you have had you should be 3rd cat by now. Taking prize money because you are racing below your proper ability is not good, and other people will soon start to notice. When I was starting out I was told to play it straight, because there are days when you need friends in the peloton. So get the licence (I think it's cheaeer with BC after mid-year) and see where you can get to. Good luck.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
In all fairness, you should get a licence and you will start to move through the categories to better quality racing. With the placings you have had you should be 3rd cat by now. Taking prize money because you are racing below your proper ability is not good, and other people will soon start to notice. When I was starting out I was told to play it straight, because there are days when you need friends in the peloton. So get the licence (I think it's cheaeer with BC after mid-year) and see where you can get to. Good luck.

I will get one for next year, I supose I could race 2/3/4 or 3/4 races, thats fair i guess.

Top Bottom