My first foray into MTB at Dalby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Nice one..Video looks good! It is pretty addictive - gets the adrenaline going for sure. Used to MTB a few years back and just bought an old 1998 Marin to allow me to have another crack at it on occasion. :okay:

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Cheers!

It is addictive and now I'm toying with the idea of getting my own MTB or to keep hiring them for a bit... decisions!!

Neilsmith

Looked great fun I bought my Mtb 3 months ago to do some miles in the winter off road and enjoy the scenery. I love it. I did start on a green/blue track till I got used to the bike. I have done the red run in Brechfa Forrest since which was fantastic.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
I had no choice, my mate forced me on to the red! When I go back I'll do the easier runs as I'll be on my own so I can build up my confidence.

Neilsmith

I had no choice, my mate forced me on to the red! When I go back I'll do the easier runs as I'll be on my own so I can build up my confidence.
I was a bit nervous as my mate had not long since had a major accident on his Mtb which involved 12+ hours of surgery and my wife wasn't too happy with my purchase.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Nasty. It's easy to see how you can do yourself some harm on the Red and Black runs, some of the drops are crazy.

Neilsmith

Though he wasn't on a difficult course just an innocuous down hill bit that somehow went wrong, not really sure what as he doesn't remember, but it may have been front wheel coming off.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I ride mostly on the road but getting the MTB out and hammering a few rocky bridleways in the Pennines is always a great change. :smile:

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
One of my favourites and I would say not for a beginner, well done, obviously better at cycling than picking music soundtracks. :rolleyes:

It's not very good is it? YouTube is horrible for finding decent music to put over a video. As bad as it is I thought it better than me wheezing and panting as I try to stay on the bike!!

Top Bottom