My first little bump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I did it absolutely fine today ... what I have found is that I'm a little extra cautious and extremely cautious every time its a builders van.... and yet I know I shouldn't tar them all with the same brush.

Maz - sorry I forgot to reply and say that I've been there, done that 3 x, but I was trying not to over-dramatise the event.

summerdays said:
Well I did it absolutely fine today ... what I have found is that I'm a little extra cautious and extremely cautious every time its a builders van.... and yet I know I shouldn't tar them all with the same brush.

Well done! The fear will pass with time.

There are idiots out there. Unfortunately they don't all drive the same vehicles. If they did we would know who to avoid!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Weirdly enough I tend to get on well with most WVM. Like cabbies, they're often up for some friendly banter at the lights, and are usually slightly better than the average driver.

Tynan

Veteran
find vans ok too, always people movers and stupid great jeeps 90+% of the time

four dicey moments today in the rain, three from oversized 4x4 type things, one of whom saw me perfectly well and simply forced his way through me from the inside, from a left hand turn lane for extra points

buses seem to be slowly getting arsier, over all though I'm finding people more observant and helpful

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
A small update ...... I spoke to the local police today, who were on bikes outside my kids school moving on all the zig-zag parents (you would think parents would notice them and think I'll not park here today ... but they did of course).

They were suprised at the reaction I had recieved over the phone, apoligized for it and are going to look up the registered key holder and have a word with him.

Top Bottom