My first ones!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

This is the first time I've attempted to grow cucumbers. Grown from seed, variety: Fanfare.

My future salad items are developing!

cucumber060610003.jpg

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Chuffy has just said, "she won't get much joy out of that." :evil:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Apparently he is growing gherkins; if he produces something that looks more satisfying he's offered to share it with you. He doesn't make that kind of offer to just anyone, you know :evil:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Baggy said:
Apparently he is growing gherkins; if he produces something that looks more satisfying he's offered to share it with you. He doesn't make that kind of offer to just anyone, you know :blush:

I am, well, words fail me... :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
deep fried battered cucumber flowers ... yum yum..
Try it Waffly.. truly scrumptious.

Maizie

Veteran
I have some cucumber plants growing - not as advanced as yours. This is only the second time I have grown cucumbers. The first time, the very first home-grown cucumber I picked, I put it in my work sandwiches. And at lunchtime I phoned up my husband and exclaimed "Who knew cucumbers were supposed to taste?!" Sooo much nicer than any I'd had before.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've officially given up on my attempts to grow my own veg (apart from herbs)... tried several years running, and things were always going great until the sheer number of slugs overwhelmed everything..,. no matter what remedy I tried... so, area now given over to fruit bushes, which seem to be doing well ;)

Top Bottom