My first proper crash.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I was riding on the prom in Colwyn Bay this afternoon when some chap walked out from behind his car as I was arriving. I remember swerving to avoid him and thinking that I was going to fall. Next thing I remember is seeing those two chaps standing over me and asking if I was alright. They said I passed out for a while as the back on my head hit the tarmac. The back of my helmet is smashed so must have taken most of the impact. They offered to call an ambulance but refused as I felt ok. Only the back of my right leg and right buttock hurt from bruising as I rode home ok so nothing broken. The bike is fine but I think it will take a few days to recover! I am glad it is Sunday tomorrow!

toeknee

Über Member
Ouch.......GWS ..... Mate.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
A&E on a Saturday night? Bad enough during the week with a 5 hour waiting time. I honestly feel good, I remember who I am and what day it is, no headaches or dizziness. Like I said, the helmet took the brunt of it. My wife is a ex nurse so I'm sure she will keep an eye on me overnight . Thanks for your concerns though.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I 3rd the above advice. Keep an eye on little niggles that may pop up over the next week or so as the soft tissue knocks calm down & get to the docs if you get any back twinges or knee pain etc...

howdenbiker

Hope you are feeling better soon. I hit a pot hole couple of weeks ago and the bruise on my hip is still going down.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Don't call Greg House, he'll only scare you by finding out why you had the crash in the first place, test you for Lupus, dismiss that then fix you by doing something really unorthodox and scary. GWS!
Never Lupus.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Case made for getting the head checked. Speaking from experience, keep a check on your vision over the next couple of days. You notice any variation, its cause for concern.
Right now your brain is still "bouncing around" inside your skull. You feel fine, your brain may not be.

Top Bottom