My first "race"

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Sandra6, 20 Jul 2012.

1. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

Ok, so the other three cyclists didn't know we were in a race, but that's not the point!
    Seriously, it was the first time when I've been passed that I thought "damn you," and given chase!
    If I end there you may believe I came off victorious. lol.
    The truth of it is, I only caught them because they were stuck in the roadworks.
    I'm fairly used to being overtaken, but this time it really got my goat.
    Cyclist one pulled out of a side road and was in front of me, his two pals had to wait for traffic so I ended up in the middle of them. Cyclist one let me pass so he could wait for his mates, I don't know what they were doing for the next five minutes because I thought I'd left them but they caught me and gave me the sarcastic "hello, again" as they passed and pulled away.
    I gave chase, but it was uphill and I struggled. Almost had them on the downhill but then we got into traffic and I slowed down. I was almost on them at the lights, but they got through and I had to stop at the red -although I was very tempted to take the pavement, I resisted.
    Through the lights and I had them in sight as they hit the roadworks, I sidled past a truck (possibly not my wisest move) and caught them -but I didn't get to smirk at them as I needed to turn and they were going straight on.
    Arrived at the bike shop a sweaty mess and found the customer infront of me had witnessed atleast part of it as he drove past. :shy:

2. and what did you learn from all that..? :smile:

3. Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong Über Member

Arrr the old crazy race that never existed

Sandra6 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

That I need a better bike and more lycra?!

Pat "5mph" and MattHB like this.
  5. really?

6. OP
    OP
    Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

No?!
    That I need to get a life and be less bothered about other cyclists?! Either that or get fitter and faster!

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  7. both - the two are not mutually exclusive.. ;)

Sandra6 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

I wonder which will be easier to achieve?!

9. spacecat

spacecat Active Member

The fitter and faster bit, the life part being much more difficult :smile:

Sandra6 likes this.
  10. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

Ah!a alpha female moment,we all get this at some stage!not just down to alpha male!

11. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

I think Sandra might be a girl ;)

12. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

Mate that's what the post says,it's not just the males,that have them alpha moments!
    It's the Sandra bit that gave that she was a lady ,I know I live next to a pre op and do sometimes get confused but thats for another day

13. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

:biggrin:

14. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Way to go Sandra, careful of the truck next time :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice