My first 'real' bicycle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustwan

Decided it was time to lose the puppy fat so I've set myself a new years resolution.

To help with this task I went out today and bought myself a Carrera (Subway Ltd) which I believe is a hybrid bicycle. It was half price at Halfords (now £200) so I thought it would be a good starting point.

I plan on cycling 8 miles a day which includes heading to a golf course with a 2 mile trim trail in the next village, (so mostly road cycling on the way and a bit of footpath when there). Saturdays and Sundays I eventually plan on cycling 8 miles to work and then 8 miles back later on, although I might need a bit of practice before then.

Well anyway here's my new method of transport.

b8sgwn.jpg

I love the sort of charcoal, matte finish (I think that's what sold it tbh).

See ya later!

Soon you'll be eating up the miles (don't worry if the first few weeks seem really hard)...keep at it and enjoy the new bike!!!
Good luck

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi rustwan
congrats on the new ride :thumbsup: just remember dont try and rush into eating those miles ..slow and steady is best way building up slowly ^_^ and you will get better trust me..:whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nice !
I had a subway when i first started cycling again and they are great bikes for the price , many bikes and miles later my wifes expression when i start talking about cycling kit could freeze a penguin ...

OP
OP
R

Rustwan

Went on my first ride this morning in sunny Suffolk. Took the more scenic route as the weather was so nice. Everything was perfect with the exception of the back brake squeaking. I have read though that brand new brakes need to be worn in by a few quick stops.

Arse bone's a bit sore 'n' all.

jim55

Guru
is that 26 " wheels or the 700c variant

jim55

Guru
26 it seems
  • Wheel Size: 26"
i just thought they did a commuter version with bigger wheels ,anyway very nice :thumbsup:

Kookas

Über Member
Good luck with the cycling.
keep on top of the maintainance even though the bikes new.
Nice bike by the way and good value for money.

I learnt that the hard way.. my bike has half the usable gear range that it sold with, and pretty much every component has failed dramatically at some point. Fortunately I have a new one just around the corner. Definitely won't be forgoing the lube this time.

Top Bottom