My first video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marbler

I've been a bit of a lurker on the forum but got my camera a couple months ago.Unfortunately or foruntatley depending on how you look at it I havent had anything to post :sad: So here is my first video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9AYHjSB5E

Standard close pointless pass (actually chocked me quite a bit). Subscribe if you like as I will post more if I see anything good ;).

BSRU

A Human Being
They were probably upset that you weren't using the lovely cycle path their "road tax" paid for :tongue:.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Unfortunately as your video demonstrates, some drivers see it as their duty to 'teach us a lesson' for not using the cycle 'farcilities' provided. I get the same quite frequently. Couldn't fault your riding, (I might have been slightly further out from the curb but you know that road better than I do of course). One point, it might have been worth having a quiet polite word with the idiot after he/ she pulled off to explain what was wrong with their driving. However, hindsight's a wonderful thing and in the heat of the moment, it's never quite that easy of course.

Welcome aboard by the way! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Marbler

Unfortunately as your video demonstrates, some drivers see it as their duty to 'teach us a lesson' for not using the cycle 'farcilities' provided. I get the same quite frequently. Couldn't fault your riding, (I might have been slightly further out from the curb but you know that road better than I do of course). One point, it might have been worth having a quiet polite word with the idiot after he/ she pulled off to explain what was wrong with their driving. However, hindsight's a wonderful thing and in the heat of the moment, it's never quite that easy of course.

Welcome aboard by the way! :biggrin:

I was running late that day so was in a rush so I didn't stop. Most issues I come across I just ignore/shake my head and move on but close passes like that and really dangerous. I know what you mean about being further out but most drivers on that stretch are fine and wait to pass safely so I don't think it would have mattered to this guy. He/she would have done something like this anyway just because I was on the road :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Its difficult to tell exactly but it looks like they misjudged both your speed and how close the oncoming car was. As others have said nothing wrong with your riding, just a car driver who cocked up.

Top Bottom