My first...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

mmace

thanks for all the comments guys!

my arse is bruised from the journey to work, it hurts to sit down on anything (I have padded shorts!)

the way home took 15 minutes (journey time), that doesn't include my handlebars nearly coming off (the bar wasn't bolted tightly), had to stop coming downhill at 30mph pretty quick, luckily I'd bought some tools so could fix it. Then straight after my chain came off and got tangled.
Now it doesn't go into gear properly and it won't go onto the largest cog by my feet and it clicks when in the others, I guess I need to adjust something.
Oh, and to top it all off now the bars can turn and the wheel stays still so I guess that's loose too (is that the alan key on the top of the handles or the spanner bit on the column?)

guess I shouldn't have believed Halfords safety check!!! ( i HAD to buy from Halfords before you say anything!)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Think Halfords used to say with their PDI "Every bolt checked twice". Take it back. If nothing else they need to know - handlebars coming loose at 30! They could have been looking at a fatality and being dragged thro the courts!

OP
OP
M

mmace

Halfords will be getting a bollocking, think I'll go to Woodrups on Kirkstall Raod, they have a good rep and it's nearer to me

I drove today, won't be riding again until I get it checked out!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll soon get good with mechanics, but as it's new, lay it on a bit heavy (don't get angry) at Halfords, saying the handle bars came loose at 30 mph - etc. etc. I'm sure they will bend over to get it sorted.

Keith Oates

Janner
Agree with fossyant, get back to Halfords and let them know the danger you were in, a letter to Halfords themselves would not go amiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom