My Firsts:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Yay...My first official ride of 2016. My first 10 miles. I strangely managed inclines that I first struggled with last year with little trouble. Was like I have never been away. I was still overtaken by pensioners on bikes like! Great to feel the wind in my helmet again and the numb ass and lady bits!

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Ok...the first official commute to work of the year. I have let things slide and I had to get back in the saddle. I decided a 2 way commute would be ok. 15 mile round trip.......Oh how wrong was THAT decision!

Last year I cycled 1 way then him indoors brought the car through so I could drive home. He rode a pink and black cannot take home lol. His street cred............haha

Anyway it was a struggle getting to work I cant say it wasn't. I was almost in tears.....ok I was in tears, at 1 point. But oh that feeling when I got there,.........

Then.......the journey home. OMG the pain in the rear! Hubby cycled through to meet me and how pleased was I! Normally the ride home is easier apart from Hell Hill haha. But oh brother it was hurrendous! I got loads of strava Personal Bests though.......how????????

Hubby pushing me hehehe!

So that's my first 15 mile commute of the year

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Commute by bike tomorrow? Well it's today now........let's just see haha

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

No commute today - bum couldn't face it but....Him indoors is cycling Thirsk to Sunderland with his cycling pals, so I thought I would go for a ride to. Mine will be Sunderland to Sunderlan haha! Just been reading back some of my 'firsts' from last year. I really enjoyed it. I just hope my knees don't suffer in the winter like they did last year.

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Im back to the forum and back in the saddle. And I have discovered Chamois Butter. Makes the nether pain a bit more bearable. Got a PB on Strava and have no idea how, because I need to rebuild what little stamina I hade built up last year. I think it might have been the butch lady cyclist behind me that I was trying to stay ahead of. Has anyone else had a butch lady cyclist coming from behind?

I had to leave the bike overnight cos couldn't face a round trip in one day. I heard a couple of lads behind the bike shed talking about my bike (and me). It went something like this:

Lad 1 - Didn't that bike used to park here last year?
Lad 2 - Aye (he was a Mackem) it's that lass in pink with the fat a*se. not seen her in ages
Lad 1 - Looks like her a*se will still be fat cos the bike still looks brand new
Lad 2 - LOL...........................................

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Cannondale Lady if after all this time your bum is still hurting, you should investigate your saddle position (your sit bines should sit on the back of the saddle), your saddle's level (experiment with a few mm nose down or up) and of course the saddle itself, maybe it's just the wrong one for you, try a different one.
Good luck and well done for getting back on the bike!

Top Bottom