My Gatorskins failed me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Another one with no issues with gatorsskins. I do tend to have them pumped up the max tho as I'm a heavy fat git.
i find the more psi the more punctures i get

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm on my second brace of Gatorskins, the first set wore out, and have had only one puncture in a thousand or so miles.
Reason unknown. Maybe a quick in and out from a glass shard or summat.

Wolfy

I was thinking about replacing my Specialized All Conditions on my Sirrus Elite with Gatorskins as I was under the impression that they were the bees knees of commuting tyres, but having read the threads I'm not so sure!
Any recommendations appreciated, I commute 15 miles a day in dry conditions. The All Conditions have probably done 3000 plus miles, and have experienced one puncture in the rear in about three years. The rear tyre has developed a nice flat on the tread and thats why I had thought about replacing it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was thinking about replacing my Specialized All Conditions on my Sirrus Elite with Gatorskins as I was under the impression that they were the bees knees of commuting tyres, but having read the threads I'm not so sure!
Any recommendations appreciated, I commute 15 miles a day in dry conditions. The All Conditions have probably done 3000 plus miles, and have experienced one puncture in the rear in about three years. The rear tyre has developed a nice flat on the tread and thats why I had thought about replacing it.
Marathon plus if you want resistance and are not bothered about weight ,
Everything else is a compromise between performance and resistance.Without comparing road conditions of everyone's route its hard really to quantify which tyre is better for your circumstances.My routes hazards vary from barbs from farmers cutting hedges to a glass strewn cycle path so i reckon on maybe a puncture every 1000 miles is good going .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive just checked as I reset my computer when I got the gatorskins . 932 miles so not that bad really .

James10

I agree with cyberknight. The marathon plus tyres are excellent. I had several punctures on my rear wheel with gatorskins, so swapped with the marathon plus as I needed something bombproof for getting to work. They at least offer something genuinely innovative over other alternatives (the smartguard rubber layer bit). The tyre is ridiculously heavy though, nearly 1kg, but it has done the job really well so far (1500 miles or so since the change).

Top Bottom