My God, I've bought some Bib-shorts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Well, this should be an interesting experience - after years of using shorts, today I purchased some Endura FS260 Bib-shorts. I don't know why, but I suspect that after an issue with An-Abscess-That-Shall-Not-Speak-its-Name, I decided to throw caution to the wind and see what possible advantages I will find with these. I shall report back ....
Now and again, a man crosses a line from which he will never turn back.
In other news, I am exceedingly proud of the level of discourse on this forum that we have gotten nearly through an entire page of this discussion without an image of the chubby fellow in Team Lampre gear.

RegG

Über Member
Well, this should be an interesting experience - after years of using shorts, today I purchased some Endura FS260 Bib-shorts. I don't know why, but I suspect that after an issue with An-Abscess-That-Shall-Not-Speak-its-Name, I decided to throw caution to the wind and see what possible advantages I will find with these. I shall report back ....

Good for you! But don't forget you DO NOT wear underpants as well!!!

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Even though the weather was a bit foul, I went for a spin to try these out. Feels fantastic, but an unforeseen problem occurred: my rather old winter tights kept slipping down - probably because the bib-shorts are too shinny and new. ^_^

Never looked back once I went to bib's many moons ago.
who's bib?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
as tom dumoulin found in the giro a year or two ago 😱

That was the high profile one I was thinking of myself!

But seriously, even in amateurville, without mid tour stage runs... how the heck do you pee in the things? I've had to half strip in pub toilets, a la Dumoulin, the half zip top having to come off completely before the shoulder straps come down and I'm way more naked than I'd rather be in a public loo. Otherwise it's the roadside "roll the leg of the short up as best you can (in an extremely huggy garment complete with latex thigh grippers) and try and stretch the fella somewhere halfway down your thigh" option.
(Men, please hold your bragging "I have no issues reaching the knee" lies). :okay:

I have no idea how the ladies get on, and maybe it's the Demoulin, or maybe I'd just rather not know.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
That was the high profile one I was thinking of myself!

But seriously, even in amateurville, without mid tour stage runs... how the heck do you pee in the things? I've had to half strip in pub toilets, a la Dumoulin, the half zip top having to come off completely before the shoulder straps come down and I'm way more naked than I'd rather be in a public loo. Otherwise it's the roadside "roll the leg of the short up as best you can (in an extremely huggy garment complete with latex thigh grippers) and try and stretch the fella somewhere halfway down your thigh" option.
(Men, please hold your bragging "I have no issues reaching the knee" lies). :okay:

I have no idea how the ladies get on, and maybe it's the Demoulin, or maybe I'd just rather not know.

Rather than going down, I go up, it does require a bowing motion though.

Top Bottom