My knee hurts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Toward the end of the Hampshire CC ride yesterday my right knee started to complain quite a lot, mainly the outside muscles above and below the knee.
This developed into an overall soreness and I lost all the energy in my right leg which meant I rode from Waterloo to home essentially 'on one cylinder'.

The knee is not so bad today and walking is fine but it still feels sore and shaky when on the bike.

Having ridden over one hundred miles with little preperation, cleat positioning might well be a contributing factor, I'm hoping I've just strained the muscle and as long as I rest it and don't push it too hard for a bit things will return to normal.

What does any body else think?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
The same happened to me towards the end of the Dun Run, had a sharp pain running from below my knee up to the bottom of my thigh. Got to the finish ok, but after sitting round for a couple of hours, got back on the bike to ride to a B+B and could hardly pedal. Next day it was really odd as well and took a couple of days rest to ease off. Stick a bag of peas on it, am sure it'll be right as rain. You'll also get a nice meal :ohmy:.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Hmm, double-check your cleats, but I'd guess it's a bit of over-exertion - have you done much in the way of hundred-milers before?
Plus (if you're owt like me) I'll bet you didn't do much in the way of stretches before/during/after the ride.
Take it easy for a day or two, and if it doesn't get any better you could always see a doctor rather than taking my advice!:ohmy:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Landslide said:
Take it easy for a day or two, and if it doesn't get any better you could always see a doctor rather than taking my advice!:smile:
You could also fork out £25 and have it prodded by a physio if our sterling advice of rest, peas and websites don't help :ohmy:. I know a cracking one out in East London if you ever feel the need.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Crackle said:
I always post this link when people talk of knee pain.

http://www.cptips.com/knee.htm

No-one has ever said if it's any good though :smile:

Thanks for that Crackle, I'll be double checking my saddle and cleats using that info! Ta!

From the feel of things and your diagnoses I've just over exerted my knee, not done much more than 60 miles in one go in the last 19 years.:wacko:

And it looks like peas with dinner then!:biggrin:

Top Bottom