My Kona Jake looking Retro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2lo5h94.jpg

It is stock apart from vintage Ally mudguards that I put on from an old Raleigh Competition and Brooks B17 special in Green.........

Its a good mix for hacking everywhere and some touring this year:laugh:

coming from a mountain bike background, it is an easy way into drop bars for a 39 year old.................:blush:

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
is it not nice then?;)

Pottsy

Maybe try a more scenic background ;)

Actually I quite like those - I've had Kona mountain bikes for years. Never ridden one though.

I'm not convinced about the mudguards. Surely they're too short to have any effect?

Saddle suits it and it's a nice bike Not sure about the mudguards, the Jake just looks too modern for them.

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
I wanted them on there to complement the retro look of the kona....deco style paint scheme and all that:biggrin:

They actually work quite well...I don't get any in my face at all, and only a bit up my back....I think they look good tho......I got them off a very early Raleigh.

point taken with the picture tho..........a dark cluttered garage doesn't do it justice!

The bike itself is a real 'jack of all trades'.......I can take it on the road quickly (relatively speaking:wacko:) , off road more than capably, and we are gearing up for some good 3-4 day tours this year, so I have panniers to go on ect

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
Better photo of the Jake...........against the little blue kangoo of doom:biggrin:

mt48cm.jpg

and I'll slip a quick one in (ooer) of the 'Dale

28c3cww.jpg

I have a few others lurking in the garage as well..........one or two old school BMX's and a retro mountain bike plus some old racers.....and a mixte frame that will get the chop soon:wacko::evil:

Top Bottom