My latest malt whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
Snap!

A present from my sister last week.

Very smooth and definitely enhanced with a drop of water because of the higher alcohol content.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
1645636940641.png

I’m currently getting through this a bit quick :ohmy::whistle: . It’s quite nice and currently on offer around £22-23 a bottle .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Tobermory 12 year old.
A present from my son.
Its 46.5% :eek:
It will blow your socks off.
For me it really does need some water but then I could really enjoy the flavours.
Not cheap but worth trying.
Most whiskies need just a little water to bring out the full flavour. Quantity depends on taste but no more than about 25% IMO.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Depends on your taste buds and it has to be proper water and not your recycled stuff or hard water either.
Bottled water ok ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bottled water ok ?
Not fizzy but it should be mostly ok. I never buy bottled water as I have always lived in good tap water areas but I do believe they vary a bit. Mind you the tap water in lots of rural west/north Scotland came from peat areas and was mostly pretty brown but never did any harm. It always amuses me that tourists here often buy large bottles of water from the coop when the tap water is better quality.:ohmy:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
i think I may win the thread for obscure whiskies, but we've had a day trip to Raasay (from Skye) and visited the new distillery. Really rather impressed particularly as it is only 3 or 4 years old so I bought a bottle. Maybe a touch pricey at £45 for so young a malt, but you won't get it in the supermarket and it is rather nice. Will keep an eye on when they've been going long enough to release some 8 or 10 year old which might be quite a treat. They definitely know what they're doing. Their gin also rather nice, and I got carried away with getting a six pack of cask strength miniatures which make up their standard release.

Earlier in the week we visited the other new distillery at Torabhaig. They too have only been going 3 or 4 years. Doesn't smell that nice to be honest but tasted rather better, so did get a bottle of that too as a souvenir. Also OK for such a young whisky.

Sadly Talisker, the long established operation on Skye was fully booked for their tours, which perhaps a relief for my wallet, as Talisker's always been a favourite, and money tends to fall out of my pocket into the till especially if given the chance to sample some non-standard drachms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom