My Love/Hate relationship with Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
on the plus side he has sent a message saying it has been sent today and all correspondence has been done through Ebay so if there were any issues with the product I'll open a case and return it. If the product is as described then the only thing I've lost is feeling in my legs because I had to chase the fast lads on my mountain bike

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
he could be a member on here

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If they are they should know I'm absolutely fuming now. Over 2 weeks and still no goods so I sent a message today and got the response "I'll check in the morning"

Ebay user judduff. If they are on here everyone should know what a knob they are.

The vendor does not have any negative feedback and has one neutral feedback comment. it doesn't seem like (s)he's habitually deceptive.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought a couple of in-line barrel adjusters for my gear cables a little while ago. The UK vendor said they would be posted First Class. Nothing happened for ten days so I asked if there was a problem....

"It's quite all right, I'm on holiday in Slovenia and I posted them First Class from here". They did eventually turn up and I quite admire his attitude.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm not a big ebuyer, tend to buy rather than sell but only a handful of times a year. I have sold a couple of bikes for ok money when free routes like here have failed (and I need the funds to pay for the replacement bike :whistle: ). PayPal fees really annoy me though, given they are part of ebay who have already taken their cut! I would never use PayPal other than for ebay. Only one bad experience where I bought a £10 DVD or similar which never turned up, guy was evidently a scammer from that point on as his impeccable feedback nosedived from then! Neither ebay nor PayPal showed any interest, tough was their response (I think they have improved their processes since then).

To the OP, open a case, get the money back, leave negative feedback and move on. Assume you have the parcelfarce tracking number?

Globalti

Legendary Member
We've done over 300 transactions and see it as a great way of turning things you don't want (kids' clothes, toys, household stuff, Mrs Marcos's shoe collection) into stuff you DO want (bike bits).

Out of those only about 4 have gone wrong, one badly when I sold a bike and TNT wrecked it, but that wasn't Ebay's fault. It does annoy me though when we make a big effort to send stuff the day after the auction, nicely packaged, and the buyer can't be arsed to give us feedback.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
It does annoy me though when we make a big effort to send stuff the day after the auction, nicely packaged, and the buyer can't be arsed to give us feedback.

That is hugely irritating. I always make an effort to send items the way I'd like to receive them, i.e well packaged, and quickly, so a few presses on a keyboard shouldn't be too much to ask in return.
I've politely chased buyers in the past for feedback, but don't really bother any more.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope the goods do turn up and are as described.

Here is a more positive eBay story ... A cyclist mate of mine is staying with a friend on a 3 month holiday in Texas. He has to change flights twice each way and didn't fancy the cost and stress of trying to take his bike with him so he went on eBay and bought a bike from somebody elsewhere in Texas. The vendor delivered the bike to a friend of the friend of my friend, and it was then relayed across Texas and was waiting for my pal when he got there! He paid less than $300 for the bike and is very pleased with it. He will either leave it with his host in anticipation of future trips, or will stick it back on eBay and try to get most of his $300 back.

DSC03035.JPG

Sara_H

Guru
I've had mostly positive experiences on Ebay, both as a buyer and seller and only a couple of negative experiences.

I had one episode as a buyer when I bought a phone that never turned up, I'd stupidly paidby cheque. The police took it very seriously and went and knockedon the chaps door who then sent my money back in cash by post with a note saying "please call the police off!!!!" This was about 10 years ago.

Then a couple of years ago I sold a massive tent, but after the auction the buyer decided he didn't like my choice of postal service and started messing me around so I had to go through the rigmerole of cancelling the sale and relisting.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've had nearly all positive experiences on ebay except one last year when some tosser messed me about when he "Bought" my motorcycle. Won the auction and then kept texting me to ask "Is bike still for sale?" and similar rubbish. Needless to say he had no intention of buying and I had to re-list. The feedback I left killed his chances of ever doing ebay business again.

Top Bottom