My Love/Hate relationship with Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
its 6pm and the promise of getting back to me is getting ever more unlikely, even after a lunchtime reminder from me asking if there was any news.

I'm just as annoyed that I bought another few bits off wiggle to go with this purchase like the quill adaptor, downtube cable stop ends and stem. I bought pedals and spare inner cables but I would have stocked up on those anyway.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
eBay case opened, to be fair I should have done it before now. The seller has stopped responding and its another weekend without Le Pug unless i spend a few hours putting her back together and setting up. I almost makes me wish I'd spending £300 on a budget roadie until I can afford my no1 bike

e-rider

crappy member
but as far as ebay goes, I've had nothing but trouble buying secondhand stuff on fleabay so I don't do it anymore. I do still buy from shops on ebay though e.g. highonbikes, merlin....
As for selling on ebay, I have trouble usually with about 1 in 20 sales which is quite high so I tend not to list too much, the fees are insane too
My advice is NEVER buy anything expensive secondhand on ebay - asking for trouble!

vickster

Legendary Member
I bought a bike on eBay, albeit collected. It was fine, in fact astonishingly I still have it after a couple of years!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Have to say, I've done shedloads of business on ebay over the years - feedback rating north of 1500 - and the number that have gone bad in that time could probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. Anything above a tenner I make a point of exchanging one or two messages with the seller before bidding, to get the cut of his or her jib. Any alarm bells, I don't bid. But I've bought virtually all our electronics, biking, mobile phones, cameras etc at a penny in the pound, with very few issues. Selling is a different story - apart from anything, the fees are killers. But buying? Anything and everything.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I can't believe the seller has the nerve not to respond, especially after making up the story about sending 2 items and neither of them getting to me. I've emailed him through the message centre asking for a refund and I think I'll be buying a new bike.

If the guy would just admit he's made a mistake or had a change of heart I'd understand but to be kept waiting for 3 weeks is crazy

e-rider

crappy member
I can't believe the seller has the nerve not to respond, especially after making up the story about sending 2 items and neither of them getting to me. I've emailed him through the message centre asking for a refund and I think I'll be buying a new bike.

If the guy would just admit he's made a mistake or had a change of heart I'd understand but to be kept waiting for 3 weeks is crazy
chill out a bit - this is common on ebay and getting stressed about it wont fix a thing - most sellers talk bullshit and then just stop answering emails
just file a claim (open case) and wait for the days to pass, then get your money back - simple. Don't make the same mistake again i.e. think twice before shopping on fleabay!

brand

I have just had problems with tossers on freecycle who think I should have given them my cement mixer. It's my cement mixer I will give it to who I want......wish I had put it on eBay so many people wanted it. It would have been less hassle.

I've only had one gripe which was a buyer who didn't want what he'd bought from me. So I just raised a case and ebay sorted it.
I've been selling loads of Acorn computer bits and software for over a year and never had a problem. Even the cartridge I sent to New Zealand, despite the time element, went flawlessly.
Everything I sent was posted the next day wrapped like it had to survive a Mad Max movie.
At first I got stung a few times by ebays wandering pricing, but all ok since.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well i bought a yr old towbar for the new car last night at 11,30 pm with a detachable ball for parking sensors.
£65 and its already in the boot of my daughters car in newark.. saved a fortune all i need to do is fit it at the weekend..ebay is tops somtimes.

Top Bottom