My MTB has become a roadie/commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I quite like that ... how far do you have to commute ?

Oddly enough i've spent the afternoon taking all the mudguards ~ Racks and slicks off my Giant Terrago as i've just ventured into the dark side of skiiny wheels xx(

I've just got to wait for it to arrive now

Simon

bonj2

yeah, it is really. The front one's FAR too far above the wheel, which i suppose is because you've got suspension forks on there - but what exactly is the point of having suspension forks on a commuter?
don't like that seat post bag either - looks far too bulbous. Proper panniers would be much more convenient, more room, and look far better.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Well its the bike I had from 2 years ago and hasn't been used. I needed to do something practical without spending loads. If all goes well and I enjoy the commute I will get a road bike.

You've got suspension forks on there - but what exactly is the point of having suspension forks on a commuter?

- as above :blush:

Proper panniers would be much more convenient, more room, and look far better.

- bit of a pig having a rack on there when I do want to do some MTB'ing. All I need to do is remove the bag in all of 20 seconds and maybe fit the MTB tyres back on. I must admit, I'm not overkeen on the looks but I didn't want to wear a back pack. It just needed to be practical.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Hardly excuses, just reasons why I have done it.

Of course, if I had the money to spunk money on a new bike I would!

As for the last comment, thanks, I have a complex now and will never ride again.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
BF, ignore the naysayers, you've made a great job of updating on the cheap. Your more expensive purchases are transferrable to other bikes if you decide to upgrade. You'll definitely do better on these modifications than you would leaving as was.

Keep us posted on the progress and especially anything that works really well or badly....thanks....Al

My "winter" bike is actually my summer MTB with Marathon plus tyres, mudguards and a rack just like yours. Knobblies will be going back on soon as I use the "summer" bike on the road instead.
Nowt wrong with the looks, utilitarian is good.

Top Bottom